|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) His parents' house.
(d) His house.
2. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His family.
(b) His affair with Marguerite.
(d) His poor ability at painting.
3. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) Because he is disabled.
(b) Because he is not a French citizen.
(c) He is required to fight in the war.
(d) Because he is an only son.
4. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) To visit his friends.
(b) To further his affair with Marguerite.
(c) To personally defend his property.
(d) To hide from the invading German military.
5. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That France was not going to war.
(b) That he had never left Argentina.
(c) That he could fight for his country.
(d) That he had more sons to fight for France.
6. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
(a) Marry her immediately.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Hold her hands.
(d) Kiss her.
7. What does Tchernoff worry about the Germans destroying?
(b) Julio's studio.
(c) The Arc de Triomphe.
(d) Marcelo's castle.
8. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what do rumors abound about?
(b) There are no rumors.
(c) Marcelo's greed.
(d) Julio's affair.
10. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) Elena and Luisa.
(c) Chichi and Rene.
(d) The Keeper and his family.
11. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
(a) To get them away from him.
(b) To allow them a vacation.
(c) He takes them north, not south.
(d) To get them away from the advancing forces.
12. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
13. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) Because he is lost.
(b) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
(c) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(d) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
14. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
15. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
2. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
3. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
4. Who visits Julio's studio in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)