|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Elena and Luisa.
(b) Julio and Argensola.
(c) The Keeper and his family.
(d) Chichi and Rene.
2. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Julio and Argensola.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
3. Who does Madriaga spoil?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Julius von Hartrott.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Julio Desnoyers.
4. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Go home with Julio.
(b) Return to her husband.
(c) Marry Julio.
(d) She agrees to everything he asks.
5. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her knife thrusts.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her hair styles.
(d) Her dancing.
6. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Orders are received later in the book.
(b) Mobilization of the French forces.
(c) A steak dinner.
(d) Withdrawal of troops.
7. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Luisa Desnoyers.
(b) Elena von Hartrott.
(c) Marguerite Laurier.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
8. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) New York City.
9. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brothers and sisters.
(d) His illegitimate children.
10. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
11. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Chichi Desnoyers.
(b) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(c) Rene Lacour.
(d) Marguerite Laurier.
12. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
13. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Anger at his country.
(c) Paternal instinct.
14. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
15. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Garden of Chapelle Expiatoire.
(b) Eiffel Tower.
(d) Arc de Triomphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcelo hand out to the soldiers in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
3. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
4. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
5. What does Tchernoff worry about the Germans destroying?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)