Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
(b) Because he is lost.
(c) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(d) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
2. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
(a) To allow them a vacation.
(b) To get them away from him.
(c) He takes them north, not south.
(d) To get them away from the advancing forces.
3. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The religious community.
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
(b) Paternal instinct.
(c) Anger at his country.
(d) Love for his wife.
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
6. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A teacher.
7. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
(a) Marry Elena.
(b) Drive his car.
(c) Become his manager.
(d) Marry Luisa.
8. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(a) In several months.
(b) In a matter of days.
(d) In a year.
9. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To avoid military duty.
(c) Because his mother dies.
(d) To make his wealth.
10. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(b) North America.
11. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
12. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Elena and Luisa.
(b) Julio and Argensola.
(c) Chichi and Rene.
(d) The Keeper and his family.
13. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) Because he is not a French citizen.
(b) Because he is disabled.
(c) He is required to fight in the war.
(d) Because he is an only son.
14. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(b) Elena von Hartrott.
15. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(a) A church.
(b) A munitions factory.
(d) A car factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Who does Madriaga spoil?
5. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)