|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Elena von Hartrott.
(b) Luisa Desnoyers.
(c) Chichi Desnoyers.
(d) Marguerite Laurier.
2. Who declares war on Russia?
(d) United States of America.
3. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(b) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
4. What does Marcelo hand out to the soldiers in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
6. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A scale.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A bow.
(d) A sword.
7. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The religious community.
(c) The soldiers.
8. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) An island.
(c) A townhouse.
(d) A castle.
9. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) To marry Marguerite.
(b) To brag to Rene Lacour.
(c) To buy a present for Argensola's birthday.
(d) To buy food.
10. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
11. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His family.
(c) His poor ability at painting.
(d) His affair with Marguerite.
12. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) Julio and Argensola.
(d) The French.
13. Why does Julio leave France?
(a) To avoid going to war.
(b) To obtain money to marry Marguerite.
(c) He never leaves France.
(d) To get away from his family.
14. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) Because he is an only son.
(b) He is required to fight in the war.
(c) Because he is not a French citizen.
(d) Because he is disabled.
15. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Julio's wife.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
2. How do Julio and Julius feel about each other?
3. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
4. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)