|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luisa's nickname?
2. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Marcelo receives his wish.
(b) He is sterile.
(d) He is too old.
3. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
(c) Buenos Aires.
4. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
5. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(b) A munitions factory.
(c) A church.
(d) A car factory.
6. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A castle.
(b) An island.
(c) A library.
(d) A townhouse.
7. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Abraham and Isaac.
(b) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Jesus Christ's life.
8. Who gives Argensola supplies?
(a) Julio Desnoyers.
(b) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(c) Dona Luisa Desnoyers.
(d) Senator Lacour.
9. In Tchernoff's story, who rides a white horse?
10. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
(a) Become his manager.
(b) Marry Luisa.
(c) Drive his car.
(d) Marry Elena.
11. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
12. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what do rumors abound about?
(a) Julio's affair.
(b) There are no rumors.
(d) Marcelo's greed.
13. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
14. What colors do the French wear?
(a) Blue and red.
15. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brothers and sisters.
(c) His illegitimate children.
(d) His best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
3. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
5. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)