|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) An island.
(c) A castle.
(d) A townhouse.
2. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
3. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
4. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Senator Lacour.
6. Who does Marguerite see at the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
7. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
8. Who is Julio's roommate?
9. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Marcelo receives his wish.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is sterile.
10. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(b) New York City.
11. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 year.
12. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
13. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(b) In a matter of days.
(c) In several months.
(d) In a year.
14. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(b) No desire to go to war.
(c) He decides to return to his homeland.
(d) Fight with Julio.
15. What does Marcelo decide to do immediately after Madriaga's death?
(a) Have more children.
(b) Return to France.
(d) Move to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Julius think the war will last?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
3. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. What does Julio believe puts him and Argensola in a poor position?
5. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)