|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marguerite see at the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
2. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(d) North Americans.
3. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) He is required to fight in the war.
(b) Because he is not a French citizen.
(c) Because he is an only son.
(d) Because he is disabled.
4. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Chichi Desnoyers.
(b) Marguerite Laurier.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Rene Lacour.
5. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) Because his mother dies.
(b) To avoid military duty.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To make his wealth.
6. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
(a) Drive his car.
(b) Marry Luisa.
(c) Become his manager.
(d) Marry Elena.
7. What does Julio believe puts him and Argensola in a poor position?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their lack of wives.
(c) Their occupations.
(d) Their not being required to go to war.
8. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That he had never left Argentina.
(b) That he could fight for his country.
(c) That he had more sons to fight for France.
(d) That France was not going to war.
9. What colors do the French wear?
(c) Blue and red.
10. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
11. Where does Marcelo go during the days in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The station.
12. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A soldier.
13. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
14. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Julio Desnoyers.
(c) Rene Lacour.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
15. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(a) In several months.
(b) In a year.
(d) In a matter of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
2. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
3. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
4. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)