|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His affair with Marguerite.
(b) His poor ability at painting.
(d) His family.
2. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 2 days.
3. What colors do the French wear?
(d) Blue and red.
4. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Aunt Elena.
(c) His mother.
(d) Marguerite's husband.
5. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
6. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
(a) North America.
7. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
8. Who declares war on Russia?
(c) United States of America.
9. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
(a) His brothers and sisters.
(b) His illegitimate children.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
10. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(b) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
11. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) His house.
(c) His parents' house.
(d) Arc de Triomphe.
12. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
13. Who gives Argensola supplies?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(b) Dona Luisa Desnoyers.
(c) Julio Desnoyers.
(d) Marcelo Desnoyers.
14. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
(a) Marry her immediately.
(b) Hold her hands.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Kiss her.
15. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
(b) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
2. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
5. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)