|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Rene Lacour.
(d) Julio Desnoyers.
2. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(b) His affair with Marguerite.
(c) His poor ability at painting.
(d) His family.
3. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
(a) Because they are too young.
(b) Because they are wealthy.
(c) Because they are not French citizens.
(d) They are required to join the military.
4. How long does Julius think the war will last?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four months.
5. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The fact that Julio refuses to serve his country.
(b) The fact that he is cheating on Luisa with Marguerite Desnoyers.
(c) Marcelo never feels ashamed.
(d) The fact that he ran from his country during war when he was younger.
6. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Chichi and Rene.
(b) Julio and Argensola.
(c) Elena and Luisa.
(d) The Keeper and his family.
7. What does Tchernoff worry about the Germans destroying?
(a) Marcelo's castle.
(c) Julio's studio.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
8. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He is too old.
(b) Marcelo receives his wish.
(d) He is sterile.
9. Where does Marcelo go during the days in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The station.
10. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Garden of Chapelle Expiatoire.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(d) Eiffel Tower.
11. What colors do the French wear?
(d) Blue and red.
12. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(b) North America.
13. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
14. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
15. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) North Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite see at the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
3. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
5. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)