|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) North Americans.
2. What does Karl von Hartrott invest in in Germany?
(a) Munitions factories.
(c) He does not invest in anything.
(d) Car factories.
3. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Abraham and Isaac.
(b) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(c) Jesus Christ's life.
(d) Adam and Eve.
4. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
5. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(c) North America.
6. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her refusal to leave his home.
(b) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
(c) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
(d) Her mentioning her father constantly.
7. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) A castle.
(c) An island.
(d) A townhouse.
8. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
9. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
(b) Their neighbors'.
(d) Julius von Hartrott's.
10. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Garden of Chapelle Expiatoire.
(c) Arc de Triomphe.
(d) Eiffel Tower.
11. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her dancing.
(c) Her knife thrusts.
(d) Her hair styles.
12. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Return to her husband.
(b) Go home with Julio.
(c) She agrees to everything he asks.
(d) Marry Julio.
13. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That he had never left Argentina.
(b) That he had more sons to fight for France.
(c) That France was not going to war.
(d) That he could fight for his country.
14. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
15. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
2. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. Who is Julio's roommate?
4. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)