|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
(a) Inherit his father's castle.
(b) Leave France.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Marry Marguerite.
3. What colors do the French wear?
(a) Blue and red.
4. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Abraham and Isaac.
(b) Jesus Christ's life.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
5. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
6. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The French.
(c) Julio and Argensola.
(d) The Germans.
7. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
8. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(a) In a year.
(b) In a matter of days.
(d) In several months.
9. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 6 months.
10. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
(a) Marry Luisa.
(b) Become his manager.
(c) Marry Elena.
(d) Drive his car.
11. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) To visit his friends.
(b) To further his affair with Marguerite.
(c) To hide from the invading German military.
(d) To personally defend his property.
12. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
13. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) He is required to fight in the war.
(b) Because he is an only son.
(c) Because he is disabled.
(d) Because he is not a French citizen.
14. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(c) New York City.
15. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her mentioning her father constantly.
(b) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
(c) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
(d) Her refusal to leave his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
4. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
5. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)