|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares war on Russia?
(b) United States of America.
2. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Karl von Hartrott's.
(c) Senator Lacour's.
(d) A carpenter's.
3. What does Julio believe puts him and Argensola in a poor position?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their not being required to go to war.
(c) Their lack of wives.
(d) Their occupations.
4. Who is Julio's roommate?
5. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Julio joining the French militia.
(b) Madriaga's death.
(c) His son's affair with Marguerite.
(d) The sight of his countrymen mobilizing.
6. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) His house.
(d) His parents' house.
7. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
(c) Their neighbors'.
(d) Julius von Hartrott's.
8. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her refusal to leave his home.
(b) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
(c) Her mentioning her father constantly.
(d) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
9. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is bedridden.
(c) The store was destroyed.
(d) He does not want to stockpile food and drink.
10. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) He is required to fight in the war.
(b) Because he is not a French citizen.
(c) Because he is disabled.
(d) Because he is an only son.
11. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(d) North Americans.
12. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
13. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
14. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
(a) Agree immediately.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Refuse politely.
(d) Pull a knife.
15. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
2. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
3. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
4. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)