|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
2. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A teacher.
3. Who declares war on Russia?
(a) United States of America.
4. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
(a) To escape the upcoming war.
(b) Marcelo does not take his family to Berlin.
(c) To visit the von Hartrotts.
(d) To go to Madriaga's funeral.
5. Who is Julio's roommate?
6. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To avoid military duty.
(c) Because his mother dies.
(d) To make his wealth.
7. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(d) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
8. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(b) A church.
(c) A car factory.
(d) A munitions factory.
10. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(d) New York City.
11. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) North Americans.
12. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
13. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
14. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
15. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(b) Elena von Hartrott.
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
5. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)