|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
(a) Marry her immediately.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Hold her hands.
2. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
(a) North America.
3. Who gives Argensola supplies?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(b) Dona Luisa Desnoyers.
(c) Julio Desnoyers.
(d) Marcelo Desnoyers.
4. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(d) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
5. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
6. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
(a) Spoils them completely.
(b) Karl and Elena do not have children.
(c) The same as all of his other grandchildren.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge them as his grandchildren.
8. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) The French.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) Julio and Argensola.
9. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
(a) He is bedridden.
(b) The store was destroyed.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He does not want to stockpile food and drink.
10. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
11. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
12. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Agree immediately.
(c) Pull a knife.
(d) Refuse politely.
13. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
14. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Julio's wife.
(d) A doctor.
15. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
2. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. What does Marcelo hand out to the soldiers in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
5. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)