|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
(a) Marguerite's husband.
(b) Aunt Elena.
(c) His mother.
(d) Marguerite Laurier.
2. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A castle.
(c) An island.
(d) A library.
3. Why does Julio leave France?
(a) To get away from his family.
(b) To avoid going to war.
(c) He never leaves France.
(d) To obtain money to marry Marguerite.
4. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) New York City.
5. How long does Julius think the war will last?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five months.
6. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(b) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
(c) Because he is lost.
(d) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
7. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marry Julio.
(b) Return to her husband.
(c) Go home with Julio.
(d) She agrees to everything he asks.
8. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Julio's wife.
9. What does Julio believe puts him and Argensola in a poor position?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their lack of wives.
(c) Their not being required to go to war.
(d) Their occupations.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
(a) His servants.
(b) His antiques.
(c) His money.
(d) His animals.
11. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
12. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Senator Lacour.
13. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Cash the check he brought back from Argentina.
(b) Marry Chichi.
(c) Return to France.
(d) Become a soldier.
14. Where does Marcelo go during the days in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(d) The station.
15. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. How do Julio and Julius feel about each other?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
4. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
5. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)