|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
2. What does Marcelo hand out to the soldiers in Part 2, Chapter 3?
3. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The sight of his countrymen mobilizing.
(b) Madriaga's death.
(c) Julio joining the French militia.
(d) His son's affair with Marguerite.
4. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Karl von Hartrott's.
(b) A carpenter's.
(d) Senator Lacour's.
5. How do Julio and Julius feel about each other?
(a) They fight constantly.
(b) They do not particularly like one another.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They do not know each other.
6. Why does Julius visit Julio?
(a) Julius does not visit Julio.
(b) Sense of family obligation.
(c) Because they are very close.
(d) To deliver a message from Julio's parents.
7. Who visits Julio's studio in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Julius von Hartrott.
(c) Chichi Desnoyers.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
8. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her dancing.
(c) Her knife thrusts.
(d) Her hair styles.
9. What colors do the French wear?
(c) Blue and red.
10. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
(a) To escape the upcoming war.
(b) Marcelo does not take his family to Berlin.
(c) To visit the von Hartrotts.
(d) To go to Madriaga's funeral.
11. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
(a) To sightsee.
(b) He does not come to France.
(c) To join the French army.
(d) To visit his mother.
12. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) Chichi and Rene.
(c) Elena and Luisa.
(d) The Keeper and his family.
13. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
(a) Aunt Elena.
(b) Marguerite Laurier.
(c) His mother.
(d) Marguerite's husband.
14. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) A castle.
(c) A townhouse.
(d) An island.
15. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
5. What does Julio believe puts him and Argensola in a poor position?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)