|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A castle.
(c) An island.
(d) A library.
2. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Marry Chichi.
(b) Cash the check he brought back from Argentina.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Return to France.
3. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 14 hours.
4. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He is sterile.
(b) Marcelo receives his wish.
(c) He is too old.
5. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
6. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
7. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
(a) Because they are wealthy.
(b) Because they are too young.
(c) Because they are not French citizens.
(d) They are required to join the military.
8. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her mentioning her father constantly.
(b) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
(c) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
(d) Her refusal to leave his home.
9. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Go home with Julio.
(b) Return to her husband.
(c) Marry Julio.
(d) She agrees to everything he asks.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
(a) His animals.
(b) His antiques.
(c) His money.
(d) His servants.
11. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) Elena and Luisa.
(c) The Keeper and his family.
(d) Chichi and Rene.
12. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A bow.
(c) A scale.
(d) A sword.
13. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Marguerite Laurier.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
14. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Julio's wife.
15. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) The German woman who lives next door to Julio and Argensola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
3. Who is Julio's roommate?
4. Who declares war on Russia?
5. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)