|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Senator Lacour.
2. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
3. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
4. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
(a) His mother.
(b) Aunt Elena.
(c) Marguerite Laurier.
(d) Marguerite's husband.
5. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) Elena von Hartrott.
6. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
7. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Return to her husband.
(b) Marry Julio.
(c) She agrees to everything he asks.
(d) Go home with Julio.
8. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
(d) Buenos Aires.
9. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
10. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Chichi and Rene.
(b) The Keeper and his family.
(c) Julio and Argensola.
(d) Elena and Luisa.
11. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
12. Who visits Julio's studio in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Chichi Desnoyers.
(c) Karl von Hartrott.
(d) Julius von Hartrott.
13. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) Because he is not a French citizen.
(b) He is required to fight in the war.
(c) Because he is disabled.
(d) Because he is an only son.
14. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her hair styles.
(b) Her knife thrusts.
(c) Her dancing.
(d) Her wedding.
15. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Rene Lacour.
(b) Marguerite Laurier.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
3. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
4. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
5. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)