|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5, The Burial Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
(b) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
(c) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
(d) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
2. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) North Americans.
3. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Keeper.
(c) Commandant Blumhardt.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
5. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
(b) The roof is not destroyed.
(c) Bombed by the French.
(d) Bombed by the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
4. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)