|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5, The Burial Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
(a) Battle of the Arc de Triomphe.
(b) Battle of the Rhine.
(c) Battle of the Marne.
(d) Marcelo's ordeal with the Germans at his castle.
2. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A scale.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A bow.
(d) A sword.
3. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) By bribing the German soldiers.
(b) By killing the German soldiers.
(c) By running away.
(d) By hiding in his castle.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
5. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
4. What does Karl von Hartrott invest in in Germany?
5. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)