|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5, The Burial Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) No desire to go to war.
(b) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(c) Fight with Julio.
(d) He decides to return to his homeland.
2. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A sword.
(c) A bow.
(d) A scale.
3. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(c) On wagons.
(d) In Marcelo's bedroom.
4. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
(a) Battle of the Rhine.
(b) Battle of the Arc de Triomphe.
(c) Battle of the Marne.
(d) Marcelo's ordeal with the Germans at his castle.
5. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
(a) Marry Marguerite.
(b) Leave France.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Inherit his father's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite do when she sees Julio on the street in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
3. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
4. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)