|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5, The Burial Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Go home with Julio.
(b) Return to her husband.
(c) Marry Julio.
(d) She agrees to everything he asks.
2. Who gives Argensola supplies?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(b) Dona Luisa Desnoyers.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Julio Desnoyers.
3. Who arranges for Julio to convalesce in Paris for two weeks?
(b) Senator Lacour.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
4. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Because Argensola asks him to never return.
(b) Because Tchernoff claims the Germans will be victorious.
(c) Because Marcelo cannot afford transportation for the visit.
(d) Because Luisa suspects him of having an affair.
5. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To see Marguerite.
(b) To join the military.
(c) To help his father defend his castle.
(d) To search for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
3. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
5. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)