|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5, The Burial Fields.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
(a) To sightsee.
(b) To visit his mother.
(c) He does not come to France.
(d) To join the French army.
2. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The feeling that his wife is leaving him for another man.
(b) The feeling that no one would dare kill his son.
(c) The feeling that he should get out of the area immediately.
(d) The feeling that his son has become a man.
3. In Tchernoff's story, who rides a white horse?
4. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His poor ability at painting.
(c) His affair with Marguerite.
(d) His family.
5. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Whether Julio will die at war.
(b) What to order for dinner.
(c) Which one should be with Marguerite.
(d) How long the war will take.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
2. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
3. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
4. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)