|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2, In the Studio.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) He decides to return to his homeland.
(b) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(c) Fight with Julio.
(d) No desire to go to war.
2. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) By bribing the German soldiers.
(b) By running away.
(c) By hiding in his castle.
(d) By killing the German soldiers.
3. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
(a) Because they are smarter than the French.
(b) Because they are the superior race.
(c) Because they have super powers.
(d) Because they lack humanity.
4. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Marcelo never feels ashamed.
(b) The fact that he ran from his country during war when he was younger.
(c) The fact that he is cheating on Luisa with Marguerite Desnoyers.
(d) The fact that Julio refuses to serve his country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
4. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)