|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, The Banner of the Red Cross.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) No desire to go to war.
(b) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(c) He decides to return to his homeland.
(d) Fight with Julio.
2. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) The Keeper.
(d) Commandant Blumhardt.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
(a) To spy through.
(b) For amusement.
(c) To make room for their rifles.
(d) To further destroy Marcelo's castle.
4. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Senator Lacour.
5. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The fact that he ran from his country during war when he was younger.
(b) Marcelo never feels ashamed.
(c) The fact that Julio refuses to serve his country.
(d) The fact that he is cheating on Luisa with Marguerite Desnoyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
2. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
4. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)