|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6, The Banner of the Red Cross.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Give her many children.
(c) Marry her immediately.
(d) Join the military.
2. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The religious community.
3. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
(a) Julio Desnoyers.
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
4. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Elena von Hartrott.
(c) Luisa Desnoyers.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
5. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her refusal to leave his home.
(b) Her mentioning her father constantly.
(c) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
(d) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
2. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
5. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)