|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2, New Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
2. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) A carpenter's.
(b) Karl von Hartrott's.
(d) Senator Lacour's.
3. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) He is required to fight in the war.
(b) Because he is not a French citizen.
(c) Because he is an only son.
(d) Because he is disabled.
4. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) North Americans.
5. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
(a) Marcelo does not take his family to Berlin.
(b) To escape the upcoming war.
(c) To go to Madriaga's funeral.
(d) To visit the von Hartrotts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
2. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
3. Where does Marcelo go during the days in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What is Luisa's nickname?
5. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)