|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1, What Don Marcelo Envied.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tchernoff worry about the Germans destroying?
(a) Julio's studio.
(c) Marcelo's castle.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
2. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
(a) Because he is not a French citizen.
(b) Because he is disabled.
(c) Because he is an only son.
(d) He is required to fight in the war.
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
4. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A castle.
(c) An island.
(d) A library.
5. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
(a) To escape the upcoming war.
(b) To visit the von Hartrotts.
(c) To go to Madriaga's funeral.
(d) Marcelo does not take his family to Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Julio's studio in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
3. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what do rumors abound about?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)