|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1, What Don Marcelo Envied.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl von Hartrott invest in in Germany?
(a) He does not invest in anything.
(b) Car factories.
(d) Munitions factories.
2. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A steak dinner.
(b) Withdrawal of troops.
(c) Orders are received later in the book.
(d) Mobilization of the French forces.
3. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A sickle.
(b) A scale.
(c) A bow.
(d) A sword.
4. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The fact that he is cheating on Luisa with Marguerite Desnoyers.
(b) The fact that Julio refuses to serve his country.
(c) Marcelo never feels ashamed.
(d) The fact that he ran from his country during war when he was younger.
5. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(b) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
2. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
3. Who is Julio's roommate?
4. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
5. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)