|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1, What Don Marcelo Envied.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(c) Abraham and Isaac.
(d) Jesus Christ's life.
2. Why does Julio leave France?
(a) To avoid going to war.
(b) To obtain money to marry Marguerite.
(c) To get away from his family.
(d) He never leaves France.
3. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
4. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) Because his mother dies.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To make his wealth.
(d) To avoid military duty.
5. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
(a) He is Christian.
(b) He is atheist.
(c) He is Buddhist.
(d) He is Islamic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
3. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
4. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
5. What does Karl von Hartrott invest in in Germany?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)