|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4, The Cousin from Berlin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
(a) To join the French army.
(b) To sightsee.
(c) To visit his mother.
(d) He does not come to France.
2. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Aunt Elena.
(c) His mother.
(d) Marguerite's husband.
3. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
(a) Agree immediately.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Refuse politely.
(d) Pull a knife.
4. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
(a) Leave France.
(b) Marry Marguerite.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Inherit his father's castle.
5. Why does Julio leave France?
(a) To obtain money to marry Marguerite.
(b) He never leaves France.
(c) To get away from his family.
(d) To avoid going to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
2. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
3. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Madriaga spoil?
5. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)