|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3, War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Executed by the Germans.
(b) Released by the Germans.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
2. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
(a) Marry Luisa.
(b) Drive his car.
(c) Become his manager.
(d) Marry Elena.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
(a) His servants.
(b) His animals.
(c) His antiques.
(d) His money.
4. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Marguerite Laurier.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
5. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
(a) Battle of the Marne.
(b) Battle of the Rhine.
(c) Battle of the Arc de Triomphe.
(d) Marcelo's ordeal with the Germans at his castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
5. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)