|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3, War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) No desire to go to war.
(b) He decides to return to his homeland.
(c) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(d) Fight with Julio.
2. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Senator Lacour.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
3. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) Senator Lacour.
4. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Enemy begins to fire.
(b) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
(c) A woman walks by.
(d) Julio gets shot.
5. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) By hiding in his castle.
(b) By running away.
(c) By killing the German soldiers.
(d) By bribing the German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what has been confiscated from Marcelo for the war effort?
2. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
3. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
4. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)