|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying home with the kids while Alex and Nana take a drive?
2. What word does Alex repeat to himself over and over as he waits to meet the Three Blind Mice in the Georgia woods?
3. Where do the Three Blind Mice celebrate with dinner after killing the Bennetts?
4. How does Kym try to defend herself?
5. What is the password to get into the Asia House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex find out about the MP5 when he talks to a supervisor from Heckler & Koch at the sports bar?
2. What is the one mistake Nana says she made in her life?
3. Why does Alex think he and John are in a trap when they try to attack the Three Blind Mice?
4. When Alex asks Nana if she feels alright, what does she say?
5. Why is there conflict initially between Nana and Alex about Nana wanting Dr. Coles to be her physician?
6. Why does Starkey love West Point?
7. How does John display his combat experience in the Georgia woods?
8. What happens when Billie and John go for a swim together in the ocean?
9. Why is it a surprise to Alex and John that Marc Sherman shows up at the cabin the Three Blind Mice share in the woods and what happens to him?
10. What does Tran Van Luu say when Alex brings up his impending execution? How does Alex respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the "snake model" as described by Harris? Who is being ridiculed in the description of the "snake model"? Why does this come up in conversation with his partners in the Three Blind Mice?
Essay Topic 2
What event signals the climax of the story? Who is involved? Where does it occur? What action represents the resolution of the primary conflict of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What happens in the confrontation between Alex and John and the Three Blind Mice in Starkey's home? Why are Alex and John there? Where have they been beforehand? What do they find? How does the confrontation end?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)