|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Three Blind Mice celebrate with dinner after killing the Bennetts?
2. What does Dr. Coles check for in regards to Nana's ankles?
3. Alex knows a fair amount about heart disease because of his days at _____.
4. Who is shot first in the Georgia cabin?
5. Until Nana's operation, what is she supposed to be treated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Starkey's house look like on the inside?
2. What happens when Harris says "nobody gets hurt" when he threatens the people who work at Asia House with a gun? Do the Three Blind Mice do this kind of thing throughout the book?
3. What does Tran Van Luu say when Alex brings up his impending execution? How does Alex respond?
4. When Alex asks Nana if she feels alright, what does she say?
5. What is the attitude of the translator at the Vietnam Embassy? What makes her attitude change?
6. How does Alex finally come across the names of the Three Blind Mice?
7. How does Director Burns explain the guerilla nature of the Vietnam War to Alex?
8. Why did the press in Vietnam fail to capture the real stories there, in the author's view?
9. What does Colonel Handler look like and what is his history as Alex knows it from the West Point website?
10. What gives Robert Bennett a split second of hope as he and his wife are being brutally attacked by the Three Blind Mice and what happens to dash it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Kyle Craig's history with Alex? How is he involved in the crimes committed in the book? What is his attitude toward Alex when they meet at the end of the book? How has his appearance changed? How has his demeanor changed? Give specific examples to compare him in the beginning and the end of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Three Blind Mice watch video tapes of their crimes? How do they react as they watch them? How do they perceive themselves? Give quotes from the book to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is a live-fire exercise, according to the Three Blind Mice? Who is involved in the exercise? Who is comes into the picture unexpectedly and is considered collateral damage? Give specific examples of this from the book to support your position.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)