|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "EE" mean in military jargon?
2. Where do the Three Blind Mice celebrate with dinner after killing the Bennetts?
3. Based on her EKG, Dr. Coles guesses that Nan's condition is called _____.
4. Where are Starkey, Griffin, and Harris supposed to meet in Highland Falls, New York?
5. What sort of moon is out during the fire fight with the Three Blind Mice that is both a good thing and a bad thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harris says "nobody gets hurt" when he threatens the people who work at Asia House with a gun? Do the Three Blind Mice do this kind of thing throughout the book?
2. Why is it a surprise to Alex and John that Marc Sherman shows up at the cabin the Three Blind Mice share in the woods and what happens to him?
3. Why is there conflict initially between Nana and Alex about Nana wanting Dr. Coles to be her physician?
4. What does Colonel Handler look like and what is his history as Alex knows it from the West Point website?
5. Why is Damon's friend Ramon sick and what does Damon do to help him?
6. Why is Foot Soldier disappointed with Alex's progress and how does he make this known to Alex?
7. How does John display his combat experience in the Georgia woods?
8. Even after winning the fire fight with the Three Blind Mice, how does Alex know the case is not over?
9. What does John say when Alex says he is afraid the Three Blind Mice are going to kill them in the Georgia woods?
10. What does Billie find one night when she goes out to search for her husband when he failed to return from a fishing trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the identity of the Foot Soldier revealed? What atrocities has he witnessed in his life? How does he use this to justify his crimes? Give examples from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
What is Reverend Tate accused of? What is his character like? Where did his supposed crimes take place? Did he commit the crimes? If not, who did and how?
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of the first email Alex gets from Foot Soldier? Who is described in the email and what happens to each person? What bearing does the email have on Sergeant Cooper's case? Support your thesis with examples from the book.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)