|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Alex said to himself right from the start regarding his current investigations?
2. Where does Nana say she wants to go after her procedure?
3. John tells Billie that everything points back to _____ in regards to the recent murders.
4. Where are Starkey, Griffin, and Harris supposed to meet in Highland Falls, New York?
5. What type of vehicle does Billie drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life like for Tran Van Luu as a child in Vietnam?
2. Why does Alex think he and John are in a trap when they try to attack the Three Blind Mice?
3. Why did the press in Vietnam fail to capture the real stories there, in the author's view?
4. What does Colonel Handler look like and what is his history as Alex knows it from the West Point website?
5. Why is there conflict initially between Nana and Alex about Nana wanting Dr. Coles to be her physician?
6. What happens when Harris says "nobody gets hurt" when he threatens the people who work at Asia House with a gun? Do the Three Blind Mice do this kind of thing throughout the book?
7. Why is it a surprise to Alex and John that Marc Sherman shows up at the cabin the Three Blind Mice share in the woods and what happens to him?
8. What is the one mistake Nana says she made in her life?
9. What is the attitude of the translator at the Vietnam Embassy? What makes her attitude change?
10. What do John and Alex talk about as they watch the cabin in the Georgia mountains where the Three Blind Mice are staying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between John and Billie start? Why is John afraid of being in a relationship? What is Billie's relationship to the investigation Alex and John are conducting?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Alex and John go to see Lieutenant General Borislow? Who does she work for? What is her demeanor like? Does she help them? Why or why not? Give specific examples from the book to describe her character.
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of the first email Alex gets from Foot Soldier? Who is described in the email and what happens to each person? What bearing does the email have on Sergeant Cooper's case? Support your thesis with examples from the book.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)