|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's personal favorite food for breakfast?
2. Who does the woman sitting near Alex and John in the Misfits Pub think killed Vanessa?
3. What color is the beret that Starkey puts on that represents the Rangers?
4. What song does Griffin consider his theme song?
5. What is on the T-shirt that Jamilla sleeps in at Alex's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Griffin?
2. Describe "basic allowance housing" at Fort Bragg.
3. What anecdote does John share with Billie about returning from the war?
4. Why do people seem to want to see Alex hooked up with a woman again?
5. How does Harris treat Starkey?
6. What is Alex's impression of Sergeant Cooper as he investigate the accused man's apartment?
7. How does Alex describe the memory he has of John coming over to Nana's house as a child?
8. Who is on General Bowen's staff and what do they do for him?
9. What happens after the Damon's basketball game between Alex and his son?
10. How does Starkey feel about Rocky Mount, North Carolina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Alex and John go to see Lieutenant General Borislow? Who does she work for? What is her demeanor like? Does she help them? Why or why not? Give specific examples from the book to describe her character.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Three Blind Mice watch video tapes of their crimes? How do they react as they watch them? How do they perceive themselves? Give quotes from the book to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is the "snake model" as described by Harris? Who is being ridiculed in the description of the "snake model"? Why does this come up in conversation with his partners in the Three Blind Mice?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)