|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damon play a league basketball game where Alex goes to see him?
2. Where have Jamilla and Alex done stakeouts together?
3. What is the name of Tanya Jackson's neighbor who talks to Alex and John about the murder committed in her house?
4. Who performs the song playing in Tanya Jackson's house as the Three Blind Mice enter?
5. Jamilla says that her father thinks she could give _____ a run with her athletic abilities.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Damon's basketball game between Alex and his son?
2. How does Starkey feel about Rocky Mount, North Carolina?
3. How does John see Billie as different from other women?
4. What bet does Starkey make with Griffin and Harris, and why does he think he will win the bet?
5. How does Alex know Jamilla?
6. Where do Starkey, Harris, and Griffin spend long weekends together and why?
7. How does Alex describe the memory he has of John coming over to Nana's house as a child?
8. What is Reagan National Airport like on a Friday at four pm and why is Alex there at that time?
9. What anecdote does John share with Billie about returning from the war?
10. What is the attitude of Ronald Hodge as Alex and John interview him as a witness to the crimes that occurred next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between John and Billie start? Why is John afraid of being in a relationship? What is Billie's relationship to the investigation Alex and John are conducting?
Essay Topic 2
What is a live-fire exercise, according to the Three Blind Mice? Who is involved in the exercise? Who is comes into the picture unexpectedly and is considered collateral damage? Give specific examples of this from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of the first email Alex gets from Foot Soldier? Who is described in the email and what happens to each person? What bearing does the email have on Sergeant Cooper's case? Support your thesis with examples from the book.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)