|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Griffin consider his theme song?
2. Where is Kinkead's restaurant located?
3. At what gate does Jamilla arrive at Reagan National?
4. How do the guards at the Cumberland County jail describe the lock-up where the men wear orange jumpsuits?
5. What is on the T-shirt that Jamilla sleeps in at Alex's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Misfits Pub and how does the author describe it in relation to Fort Bragg?
2. What anecdote does John share with Billie about returning from the war?
3. How does Starkey feel about Rocky Mount, North Carolina?
4. How does Harris treat Starkey?
5. What was Lieutenant Colonel Etra accused of and how does his wife feel about his execution?
6. What is the attitude of Ronald Hodge as Alex and John interview him as a witness to the crimes that occurred next door?
7. Why do people seem to want to see Alex hooked up with a woman again?
8. What is Alex's impression of Sergeant Cooper as he investigate the accused man's apartment?
9. How does Alex feel about his relationship with Jamilla at the beginning of the book?
10. How do the Three Blind Mice feel about being back at Fort Bragg after their murder spree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does John cope with the death of Sergeant Cooper? What condition is he in when he confronts Alex? Who steps in to help in the situation?
Essay Topic 2
What event signals the climax of the story? Who is involved? Where does it occur? What action represents the resolution of the primary conflict of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a live-fire exercise, according to the Three Blind Mice? Who is involved in the exercise? Who is comes into the picture unexpectedly and is considered collateral damage? Give specific examples of this from the book to support your position.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)