|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alex call at the Pentagon to ask about Sergeant Cooper's case?
(a) Stephen Bowen.
(b) Kevin Cassidy.
(c) Jon Carrington.
(d) Warren Griffin.
2. What is the name of the PFC sergeant who believes that Sergeant Cooper is guilty?
(a) Steve Hall.
(b) Warren Griffin.
(c) Eddie Franks.
(d) John Sampson.
3. What song does Griffin consider his theme song?
(a) "On the Road Again."
(b) "Ring of Fire."
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) "Whiskey River."
4. How are Alex and John transported to the Cumberland County jail?
(a) A blue bus.
(b) A yellow cab.
(c) A humvee.
(d) A helicopter.
5. What does Starkey settle for when he wants a cigarette on their hunt on the Appalachian Trail?
(c) Trident gum.
(d) Tic Tacs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billie live?
2. Where does John pick up a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of red wine for Billie?
3. How do the guards at the Cumberland County jail describe the lock-up where the men wear orange jumpsuits?
4. What artifact in General Bowen's foyer suggests to Alex that the general had a possible posting in New England?
5. How old was Sergeant Cooper when he enlisted in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alex's impression of Sergeant Cooper as he investigate the accused man's apartment?
2. Where is the Misfits Pub and how does the author describe it in relation to Fort Bragg?
3. How does Alex know Jamilla?
4. What anecdote does John share with Billie about returning from the war?
5. How does the author describe Griffin?
6. What happens after the Damon's basketball game between Alex and his son?
7. How do the Three Blind Mice feel about being back at Fort Bragg after their murder spree?
8. What piece of evidence threatens to convict Sergeant Cooper and why?
9. How does Alex describe the memory he has of John coming over to Nana's house as a child?
10. How does John see Billie as different from other women?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)