Part One: The Last Case: Chapters 1 - 8
• Alex Cross is retiring from the Washington Police Department.
• John Sampson arrives asking for his help because his friend Ellis Cooper has been charged and convicted of murdering three young women and is awaiting execution.
• John is convinced of his innocence.
• John and Alex travel to West Point in an effort to secure a stay of execution and eventually his freedom, but are met with roadblocks at every turn.
• They get to Central Prison in Raleigh, North Carolina and Sergeant Cooper is brought to them in shackles.
• They tell him they are working to clear him.
• The real killers, Thomas Starkey, Warren Griffin and Brownley Harris, had been friends for more than three decades, and served together in Vietnam.
• They spend a long weekend together in Georgia at a log cabin on Kennesaw Mountain where they indulge themselves in all the...
This section contains 2,377 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)