|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
2. What sin does Peter confess after seeing Katie again?
3. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
4. What does Toohey do with the contract between Roark and Peter when he gets it from Peter?
5. After blowing up the Cortlandt Homes housing project, what does Roark do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 4 chapter 4, Gail Wynand says, "I am the most offensively possessive man on earth." Write an essay in support of his statement giving examples from the novel. Wynand believes he possesses Dominique. Do you think he really does?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following buildings designed by Roark and explain its importance to the story: (a) the Stoddard temple; (b) the gasoline station; (c) Monadnock Valley resort.
Essay Topic 3
In two or three handwritten pages, discuss Mrs. Keating as a mother. When she was hurrying Roark out of her rooming house to see the Dean, Rand writes that it was "as though she feared the decision [to expel Roark from Stanton] might be reversed." Why would she fear that? What does that tell you (1) about her character, and (2) what she really thought about Peter's ability?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)