Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
2. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
4. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
Essay Topic 1
Write two or three pages explaining what parts of Rand's philosophy you agree with and which parts you disagree with. Discuss examples such as her depictions of religion, labor unions, corporate boards of directors, and capitalists like the owners of Monadnock Valley project.
Essay Topic 2
After John Eric Snyte fires Roark, he tries to get him to return to his firm. Write an essay explaining why Roark would never go back to work for him.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of Rand's writing style. How does she choose vocabulary? Are her sentences short or complicated? How does she use adjectives and adverbs to describe a scene or person? Give specific examples.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)