|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toohey demand be done with Roark?
2. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
3. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
4. How is Gail Wynand able to build the Wynand building after shutting down the "Banner"?
5. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following buildings designed by Roark and explain its importance to the story: (a) the Stoddard temple; (b) the gasoline station; (c) Monadnock Valley resort.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay contrasting the characters of Dominique and Katie. Explain how Dominique represents the Independent thinker and Katie represents the Dependent thinker.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Rand tells us that Howard Roark laughs. Write an essay about his laughter and what it tells you about his character.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)