|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Peter does not understand, has never understood, about Roark?
2. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
3. How is Gail Wynand able to build the Wynand building after shutting down the "Banner"?
4. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
5. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In no less than two handwritten pages, discuss the character of Dominique and why Francon thinks he failed her as a father.
Essay Topic 2
Write two or three pages explaining what parts of Rand's philosophy you agree with and which parts you disagree with. Discuss examples such as her depictions of religion, labor unions, corporate boards of directors, and capitalists like the owners of Monadnock Valley project.
Essay Topic 3
Toohey is Roark's nemesis in the novel. All through the story, Toohey seems to fear Roark, but Roark has no fear of Toohey. Write an essay explaining why you think that is true.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)