|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
2. What common trait in both Wynand and Roark does Dominique notice?
3. Where is Katie living now?
4. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
5. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
Essay Topic 1
In two or three handwritten pages, discuss Mrs. Keating as a mother. When she was hurrying Roark out of her rooming house to see the Dean, Rand writes that it was "as though she feared the decision [to expel Roark from Stanton] might be reversed." Why would she fear that? What does that tell you (1) about her character, and (2) what she really thought about Peter's ability?
Essay Topic 2
Write two or three pages explaining what parts of Rand's philosophy you agree with and which parts you disagree with. Discuss examples such as her depictions of religion, labor unions, corporate boards of directors, and capitalists like the owners of Monadnock Valley project.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following buildings designed by Roark and explain its importance to the story: (a) the Stoddard temple; (b) the gasoline station; (c) Monadnock Valley resort.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)