Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
2. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
4. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
In two or three handwritten pages, discuss Mrs. Keating as a mother. When she was hurrying Roark out of her rooming house to see the Dean, Rand writes that it was "as though she feared the decision [to expel Roark from Stanton] might be reversed." Why would she fear that? What does that tell you (1) about her character, and (2) what she really thought about Peter's ability?
In Part 4 chapter 4, Gail Wynand says, "I am the most offensively possessive man on earth." Write an essay in support of his statement giving examples from the novel. Wynand believes he possesses Dominique. Do you think he really does?
Pretend you are a book reviewer for a newspaper. Write your review and critique of "The Fountainhead."
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)