Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
2. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
4. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
Essay Topic 1
In no less than two handwritten pages, discuss the character of Dominique and why Francon thinks he failed her as a father.
Essay Topic 2
The main theme of "The Fountainhead" is the conflict between Individualism and Collectivism. Write a few paragraphs that show how Rand illustrates the opposite points of view.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following buildings designed by Roark and explain its importance to the story: (a) the Stoddard temple; (b) the gasoline station; (c) Monadnock Valley resort.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)