Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
2. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
4. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
In no less than two handwritten pages, discuss the character of Dominique and why Francon thinks he failed her as a father.
The main theme of "The Fountainhead" is the conflict between Individualism and Collectivism. Write a few paragraphs that show how Rand illustrates the opposite points of view.
Toohey is Roark's nemesis in the novel. All through the story, Toohey seems to fear Roark, but Roark has no fear of Toohey. Write an essay explaining why you think that is true.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)