|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the relationship between Roark and Wynand is distressing to Dominique?
(a) She thinks Roark is finally compromising his art.
(b) She sees that they have a real affinity for each other.
(c) She sees that Wynand is secretly out to ruin Roark.
(d) She thinks Roark is not telling Wynand the truth.
2. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
(a) Roark flatly refuses Peter this time.
(b) Roark agrees to do it if Peter puts Roark's name on it.
(c) Roark agrees to do it and let Peter put his name on it.
(d) Roark goes out and gets the contract for himself.
3. Why is the defeat so devastating to Wynand?
(a) He trusts Toohey and now they are both out.
(b) He cannot be a follower.
(c) He loses Dominique when he loses the paper.
(d) He sees that he was right all the time.
4. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He tries to bring back Dominique.
(b) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(c) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(d) He starts buying Banner stock.
5. What is Dominique's name at the end of the novel?
(a) Mrs. Gail Wynand.
(b) Mrs. Howard Roark.
(c) Dominique Francon, her maiden name.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth Toohey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
2. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. How is Gail Wynand able to build the Wynand building after shutting down the "Banner"?
4. What is the sole evidence the prosecution enters against Roark?
5. What does Roark discover about Cortlandt Homes when he returns for the sailing trip with Wynand?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)