|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wynand to lose respect for integrity?
(a) He does not lose respect for integrity. He always insists that all reporters tell the truth.
(b) He knows that he cannot be honest with anyone.
(c) He decides that only crime pays.
(d) He discovers that writers often do not believe their own words.
2. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
(a) In service to others.
(b) On a deserted island.
(c) On a mountaintop.
(d) In political activism.
3. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(b) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
(c) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
(d) Wynand fires the reporter.
4. What is the irony of Roark's going to see Wynand about designing his house?
(a) It is the only way Roark can now even see Dominique.
(b) Wynand's newspaper attacked Roark and Wynand has taken Dominique away.
(c) Roark likes Wynand but hates his newspaper.
(d) Roark is now prepared to compromise his principles.
5. What is Roark's commission at the end of the novel?
(a) He is rebuilding the Cortlandt Homes project.
(b) He is working for Peter and building a new bank.
(c) He is building the Wynand building in Hell's Kitchen.
(d) He is building a house for him and Dominique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
2. How is Gail Wynand able to build the Wynand building after shutting down the "Banner"?
3. Who comes to help Wynand when the union strikes and there is no staff at the newspaper?
4. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
5. What is behind Wynand's association with Roark and Dominique?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)