|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
(a) The Wynand Building in Hell's Kitchen.
(b) A vacation house in the Bahamas.
(c) An addition to the Wynand house.
(d) The city courthouse.
2. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) Privacy and uniqueness.
(b) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(c) A central shopping area.
(d) Large houses with open spaces around them.
3. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
(a) Dominique still refuses to sleep with him.
(b) Dominique will not talk to him except at parties.
(c) Dominique always compares him to Roark.
(d) Dominique is compliant and agrees with anything he says.
4. What does Wynand admit to Roark?
(a) That the Banner's support of Roark had actually hurt him.
(b) That he has no money left.
(c) That the Banner cannot hurt Roark.
(d) That he does not actually own the Banner.
5. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
(a) He does not know how.
(b) She agreed to marry him.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is more powerful than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
2. After blowing up the Cortlandt Homes housing project, what does Roark do?
3. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
4. How does Toohey react when Wynand forbids any mention of Roark in the "Banner"?
5. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)