|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Roark's going to see Wynand about designing his house?
(a) Roark likes Wynand but hates his newspaper.
(b) Roark is now prepared to compromise his principles.
(c) It is the only way Roark can now even see Dominique.
(d) Wynand's newspaper attacked Roark and Wynand has taken Dominique away.
2. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(b) It was too much for one man to do.
(c) He would have to work with other architects.
(d) It was all donated time without any payment.
3. How does Wynand react when he discovers that Dominique helped Roark destroy Cortlandt Homes?
(a) He approves.
(b) He threatens to expose them.
(c) He becomes intently jealous.
(d) He writes editorials condemning Roark.
4. What is Roark's commission at the end of the novel?
(a) He is building the Wynand building in Hell's Kitchen.
(b) He is rebuilding the Cortlandt Homes project.
(c) He is working for Peter and building a new bank.
(d) He is building a house for him and Dominique.
5. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
(a) Over-selling the properties by 200% in the hopes they would go bankrupt.
(b) Refusing to pay Roark when the project was late being finished.
(c) Hiring Roark so that everyone would think he was responsible for the bankruptcy.
(d) Knowing they were going backrupt, they sold properties anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
2. What finally defeats Wynand?
3. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
4. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
5. How does Wynand try to manipulate Roark?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)