|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
(a) Roark flatly refuses Peter this time.
(b) Roark agrees to do it and let Peter put his name on it.
(c) Roark agrees to do it if Peter puts Roark's name on it.
(d) Roark goes out and gets the contract for himself.
2. What is Dominique's name at the end of the novel?
(a) Dominique Francon, her maiden name.
(b) Mrs. Howard Roark.
(c) Mrs. Gail Wynand.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth Toohey.
3. What do Roark and Wynand agree on as they look at the land Wynand bought for his house?
(a) Roark agrees to let Wynand dictate the design.
(b) They agree on the site for the house.
(c) Wynand agrees that Roark should consult Dominique.
(d) They agree that the house should be entirely of wood.
4. What becomes of Gail Wynand?
(a) He goes to sea and is lost.
(b) He sets fire to his house and dies in the flames.
(c) He jumps from the top of the Wynand building.
(d) He sees himself as dead and the Wynand building as his memorial marker.
5. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
(d) The Stanton School of Architecture
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
2. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
3. When does Peter become the head of the architecture firm?
4. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
5. What does Wynand admit to Roark?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)