|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He says he does not want to marry Dominique ever.
(b) He demands that she annul the marriage immediately.
(c) He says he will wait for her.
(d) He threatens to tell Peter where she was that night.
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(d) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It is exhausting.
5. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
(b) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
(c) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
(d) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
3. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
4. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
5. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Considering the number of jobs Roark did not get or turned down, explain the difference between Roark and Peter Keating.
2. What is meant by the description of the Stoddard temple as being "like a corpse hacked to pieces and reassembled?"
3. What is the danger in Wynand's new found moral attitude after he comes under the influence of Roark?
4. What is the significance of Peter's going once again to Roark when he cannot come up with a design for the Cortlandt Homes project?
5. Discuss the irony of Peter going to Roark for help with his Cosmo-Slotnik competition design.
6. Explain why Wynand does not listen to Dominique when she warns him about Toohey.
7. Discuss the high price Wynand puts on Peter getting the Stoneridge Homes commission.
8. Roark tells Peter that "it is I who have destroyed you." Explain what he means by that statement.
9. Explain how Roark's getting his hands dirty at a building site wins over the admiration of the electrician, Mike.
10. Discuss the significance of Peter's intimidation by Lois Cook.
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)