|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A copy of his book.
(b) A plaque for community service.
(c) The Mallory statue.
(d) A painting of the Banner building.
2. What does Toohey do with the contract between Roark and Peter when he gets it from Peter?
(a) He puts it in a bottle and drops it in the ocean.
(b) He would like to burn it, but he turns it over to the DA.
(c) He tears it to shreds.
(d) He gives it back to Peter.
3. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) He would have to work with other architects.
(b) It was all donated time without any payment.
(c) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(d) It was too much for one man to do.
4. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
(a) He cannot remember from day to day what it looks like.
(b) He wants to reassure himself that he made the right choice.
(c) He finds real peace when he goes there.
(d) He want to make sure Roark is following orders.
5. What finally defeats Wynand?
(a) Public opinion.
(b) Accepting Toohey back at the paper.
(c) Changing his position on Roark.
(d) Selling off his stock in the paper.
6. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
(b) The weather
7. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
(a) Wynand hates the house and wants to move.
(b) Wynand tells Dominique that Roark must never be invited in.
(c) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he rejects the invitation.
(d) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he accepts.
8. What becomes of Gail Wynand?
(a) He sets fire to his house and dies in the flames.
(b) He sees himself as dead and the Wynand building as his memorial marker.
(c) He jumps from the top of the Wynand building.
(d) He goes to sea and is lost.
9. Who visits Peter after he goes into seclusion?
10. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
(a) Francon and Katie
(b) Mallory and Enright
(c) Wynand and Dominique
(d) Toohey and Scarret
11. Who works with the board of directors to save the paper?
12. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
(a) She is jealous of Katie who is now seeing Roark.
(b) She is jealous of Roark's friendship with Wynand.
(c) She is jealous because she says Wynand loves her statue and not her.
(d) She is jealous of the people who still write for the newspaper.
13. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(b) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(c) He tries to bring back Dominique.
(d) He starts buying Banner stock.
14. Who comes to help Wynand when the union strikes and there is no staff at the newspaper?
15. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
(a) On a mountaintop.
(b) In political activism.
(c) In service to others.
(d) On a deserted island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Wynand to lose respect for integrity?
2. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
3. Why has Toohey orchestrated attacks on the "Banner"?
4. What legal right does Roark maintain gave him the authority to destroy Cortlandt Homes?
5. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)