|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
(a) She has a dream that tells her Roark will re-enter her life.
(b) She reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) Toohey calls to tell her.
(d) She recognizes his style when she sees the drawings.
2. What is the sole evidence the prosecution enters against Roark?
(a) Dominique's testamony that she helped Roark.
(b) The detonator that had Roark's fingerprints on it.
(c) Peter's testimony and the agreement he had with Roark.
(d) Roark's confession that he blew up Cortlandt Homes.
3. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
(a) Knowing they were going backrupt, they sold properties anyway.
(b) Hiring Roark so that everyone would think he was responsible for the bankruptcy.
(c) Over-selling the properties by 200% in the hopes they would go bankrupt.
(d) Refusing to pay Roark when the project was late being finished.
4. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
(a) He really knows nothing about being a drama critic.
(b) He wants to make Toohey look stupid.
(c) He wants people to think it is good because he said so.
(d) He feels sorry for Ike and wants to help him.
5. Where is Katie living now?
(a) Cortlandt Homes.
(d) With Toohey.
6. What does Roark discover about Cortlandt Homes when he returns for the sailing trip with Wynand?
(a) Peter decided to change the plans.
(b) The plans were changed from his design.
(c) His designs were faulty.
(d) The project is just as he designed it.
7. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
(a) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he accepts.
(b) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he rejects the invitation.
(c) Wynand hates the house and wants to move.
(d) Wynand tells Dominique that Roark must never be invited in.
8. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
(a) Roark agrees to do it if Peter puts Roark's name on it.
(b) Roark goes out and gets the contract for himself.
(c) Roark flatly refuses Peter this time.
(d) Roark agrees to do it and let Peter put his name on it.
9. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) To protect the innocent.
(b) So he can get the publicity.
(c) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
(d) To protect the guilty.
10. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(b) Privacy and uniqueness.
(c) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(d) A central shopping area.
11. How does Toohey react when Wynand forbids any mention of Roark in the "Banner"?
(a) Toohey plans to write a book attacking Roark.
(b) Toohey smiles.
(c) Toohey goes out and gets drunk.
(d) Toohey goes into a rage.
12. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
(a) Writing short stories.
(c) Ballroom dancing.
13. What does Toohey demand be done with Roark?
(a) He wants Roark to make a public apology.
(b) He wants him executed.
(c) He wants Roark to rebuild using his original plans.
(d) He wants to free Roark.
14. What does Peter discover is the real reason behind Toohey's socialist tirades?
(a) That Toohey really wants power.
(b) That Toohey is the only one who can save society.
(c) That Toohey really believes what he says.
(d) That Toohey plans to take over the world.
15. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
(a) He has not made arrangements for someone to inherit.
(b) He remembers how he drove other people to suicide.
(c) He has no fear of dying but is afraid of living.
(d) He needs to get right with God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toohey do with the contract between Roark and Peter when he gets it from Peter?
2. Who visits Peter after he goes into seclusion?
3. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
4. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)