|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
(b) The Stanton School of Architecture
2. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
(d) The weather
3. What brings about the downfall of Peter Keating's business?
(a) The failure of the World's Fair exhibition.
(b) His partner is sabotaging him like he did to Heyer.
(c) Peter's desire to find Katie and marry her.
(d) Toohey's continued support of Peter.
4. What does Toohey do with the contract between Roark and Peter when he gets it from Peter?
(a) He gives it back to Peter.
(b) He puts it in a bottle and drops it in the ocean.
(c) He tears it to shreds.
(d) He would like to burn it, but he turns it over to the DA.
5. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
(a) Toohey must agree to Roark's involvement.
(b) No one can see the designs until the project is finished.
(c) Nothing can be changed on it.
(d) Peter will have to oversee the construction personally.
6. What is behind Wynand's association with Roark and Dominique?
(a) He collects people he wants to possess.
(b) He enjoys seeing them uncomfortable around each other.
(c) He knows this is a way to punish Dominique.
(d) He wants to get them back together.
7. Who visits Peter after he goes into seclusion?
8. What does Wynand do with the letter Roark sends him?
(a) Returns it unopened.
(b) Publishes it in the newspaper.
(c) Reads it and throws it away.
(d) Tears it up.
9. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
(b) To protect the guilty.
(c) To protect the innocent.
(d) So he can get the publicity.
10. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
(a) She thinks they were unaffected by the newspaper.
(b) She thinks the play is more important than the temple.
(c) She thinks the paper dealt fairly with both issues.
(d) She says they were both great achievements of the Banner.
11. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He starts buying Banner stock.
(b) He tries to bring back Dominique.
(c) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(d) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
12. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
(a) Wynand hates the house and wants to move.
(b) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he rejects the invitation.
(c) Wynand invites Roark to spend the night and he accepts.
(d) Wynand tells Dominique that Roark must never be invited in.
13. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
(b) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
(c) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(d) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
14. How does Toohey get his job back at the "Banner"?
(a) By retracting everything bad he ever said about Roark.
(b) By blackmailing Scarret.
(c) By court order.
(d) By apologizing to Wynand.
15. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) A central shopping area.
(b) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(c) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(d) Privacy and uniqueness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
2. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
3. Wynand once threatened to kill Roark and Dominique if they got together. Why does he not do it?
4. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
5. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)