|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
(a) Knowing they were going backrupt, they sold properties anyway.
(b) Refusing to pay Roark when the project was late being finished.
(c) Over-selling the properties by 200% in the hopes they would go bankrupt.
(d) Hiring Roark so that everyone would think he was responsible for the bankruptcy.
2. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
(a) No one can see the designs until the project is finished.
(b) Toohey must agree to Roark's involvement.
(c) Peter will have to oversee the construction personally.
(d) Nothing can be changed on it.
3. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
(a) Toohey and Scarret
(b) Francon and Katie
(c) Mallory and Enright
(d) Wynand and Dominique
4. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
(b) So he can get the publicity.
(c) To protect the innocent.
(d) To protect the guilty.
5. How does Dominique continue to punish herself?
(a) She attempts to seduce Roark one more time.
(b) She gives Roark to Wynand instead of trying to break up their friendship.
(c) She locks herself in her bedroom.
(d) She becomes an alcoholic.
6. What does Peter discover is the real reason behind Toohey's socialist tirades?
(a) That Toohey is the only one who can save society.
(b) That Toohey plans to take over the world.
(c) That Toohey really wants power.
(d) That Toohey really believes what he says.
7. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) In the Banner building.
(b) At city hall.
(c) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
(d) On board Wynand's yacht.
8. What does Toohey demand be done with Roark?
(a) He wants him executed.
(b) He wants Roark to make a public apology.
(c) He wants to free Roark.
(d) He wants Roark to rebuild using his original plans.
9. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
(b) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
(c) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(d) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
10. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
(a) That she is so influential in society.
(b) That their marriage is romantic.
(c) The fact that he owns her.
(d) That she is so different from him.
11. How does Dominique feel about the Wynand building?
(a) It is just another building to her.
(b) She regrets that she was never able to destroy Roark.
(c) She sees it as the heart of the earth rising to the sky.
(d) She hates it because it reminds her of her marriage to Wynand.
12. How does Dominique get publicity that gets Wynand to divorce her?
(a) She reveals that she was the model who posed nude for Mallory's statue.
(b) She takes a job at a rival newspaper.
(c) She notifies the police that she is staying with Roark and a valuable ring has been stolen.
(d) She publicly files for divorce from Wynand.
13. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
(a) He wants her to get Peter hired to design Wynand's Stoneridge Homes project.
(b) He now wants to destroy Peter.
(c) He wants Dominique to find out why Roark is a failure.
(d) He wants Dominique to divorce Peter and marry Wynand.
14. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A plaque for community service.
(b) A painting of the Banner building.
(c) A copy of his book.
(d) The Mallory statue.
15. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(b) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(c) He tries to bring back Dominique.
(d) He starts buying Banner stock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
2. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
3. In his own defense, how does Roark contrast himself as a creator with those who preach selflessness?
4. Where does Wynand feel the best setting is for Roark?
5. How does Toohey get his job back at the "Banner"?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)