|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(b) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
(c) It is hidden by vines and trees.
(d) It is torn down and rebuilt.
2. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(b) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(c) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(d) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(b) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(c) He understands that people do not really like him.
(d) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
4. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(b) It is romantic and exciting.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
6. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She tells him to mind his own business.
(c) She does not react.
(d) She is insensed.
7. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He denies knowing Roark.
(b) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(c) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(d) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
8. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He decides to do a classical building to fool Toohey.
(b) He resigns as the temple architect.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He thinks about killing Toohey.
9. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(b) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(c) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(d) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
10. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
11. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It is exhausting.
12. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(d) By rigging an elevator accident
13. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(b) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(c) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(d) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
14. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(b) He gets a job at the bank.
(c) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(d) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
15. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
(a) It is cold and inhuman.
(b) It is an improvement over the classical style.
(c) It is the new direction all architecture will follow.
(d) It is a work of genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
2. Who is the only person to see through Dominique's constant criticism of Roark's work in her column?
3. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
4. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
5. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)