|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(c) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) In her father's office
(b) At the opening of his latest building
(c) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(d) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
3. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
(b) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(c) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(d) He elopes with Dominique.
4. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
(a) Roark takes her back to his place.
(b) Dominique grabs Peter and kisses him.
(c) They both pretend they have never met.
(d) Dominique becomes upset and leaves the party.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They devote a full page to his achievements.
6. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
7. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
8. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(b) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
(c) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(d) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
9. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
10. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
(a) Power to control him
(b) A big laugh
(c) A serious heatbreak
(d) Fear that he will say something
11. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(b) It is torn down and rebuilt.
(c) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
(d) It is hidden by vines and trees.
12. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
(a) A quarry worker changed her.
(b) She must find the quarry worker again.
(c) Toohey has changed her attitude toward men.
(d) She is in love with Roark.
13. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
14. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It is exhausting.
15. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(b) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(c) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
2. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
3. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
4. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
5. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)