|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(b) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(c) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(d) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
2. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
(a) He says that Roark is insane.
(b) Nothing. He refuses to mention it.
(c) He writes that the house is like a box.
(d) Again he attacks Roark as revolutionary.
3. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) So he can get the publicity.
(b) To protect the guilty.
(c) To protect the innocent.
(d) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
4. How does Wynand try to manipulate Roark?
(a) He reminds Roark that Toohey will attack his work if he does not agree with Wynand on everything.
(b) He threatens to see that Roark never sees Dominique again.
(c) He threatens to ruin Roark if he does not design according to Wynand's wishes.
(d) He has Roark promise never to use Mallory on any of his buildings.
5. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
2. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
4. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
5. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)