|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
(b) To protect the guilty.
(c) So he can get the publicity.
(d) To protect the innocent.
2. How does Toohey make his move to take over the "Banner"?
(a) By recalling the paper that had his article in it.
(b) By leaving quietly after he is fired.
(c) By writing an article denouncing Roark.
(d) By buying more of the paper's stock.
3. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(b) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
(c) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(d) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
4. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) Privacy and uniqueness.
(b) A central shopping area.
(c) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(d) Large houses with open spaces around them.
5. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
(a) Nothing. He refuses to mention it.
(b) Again he attacks Roark as revolutionary.
(c) He writes that the house is like a box.
(d) He says that Roark is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
2. What legal right does Roark maintain gave him the authority to destroy Cortlandt Homes?
3. How do we know that Wynand is not always aware of what his newspaper prints?
4. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
5. How is it clear that Peter knows Dominique is in love with another man?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)