|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
(a) To live in luxury is the meaning of life.
(b) It is impossible to be happy in life.
(c) To be charitable is to change the world.
(d) To love equally all people is to hate mankind.
2. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(b) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(c) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(d) She is unhappy doing social work.
3. Why is Dominique disappointed when she verifies that Roark is reading her articles?
(a) They do not seem to hurt him like she wants.
(b) He uses them for the coffee grounds in the office.
(c) He has marked out many of the sentences.
(d) He becomes more violent when they meet.
4. Who visits Peter after he goes into seclusion?
5. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
(a) He thinks Toohey will not give him the sculpture if he does not agree to meet her.
(b) He wants to meet the model for the statue.
(c) Toohey threatens to resign if he will not meet with her.
(d) He learns that Dominique is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
2. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
3. What does Toohey demand be done with Roark?
4. Why does Roark return to New York?
5. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)