|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(b) Wynand fires her.
(c) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(d) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
2. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
(a) She is jealous because she says Wynand loves her statue and not her.
(b) She is jealous of the people who still write for the newspaper.
(c) She is jealous of Katie who is now seeing Roark.
(d) She is jealous of Roark's friendship with Wynand.
3. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A painting of the Banner building.
(b) A copy of his book.
(c) The Mallory statue.
(d) A plaque for community service.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) How to improve his designs
5. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He gets a job at the bank.
(b) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(c) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(d) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wynand feel the best setting is for Roark?
2. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
4. What in the relationship between Roark and Wynand is distressing to Dominique?
5. Who comes to help Wynand when the union strikes and there is no staff at the newspaper?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)