|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) On board Wynand's yacht.
(b) In the Banner building.
(c) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
(d) At city hall.
2. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(b) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(c) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
(d) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
3. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
(a) It is the new direction all architecture will follow.
(b) It is cold and inhuman.
(c) It is a work of genius.
(d) It is an improvement over the classical style.
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(d) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
5. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do run things.
(b) It means I like to be married.
(c) It means I can do as I please.
(d) It means I do own a yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wynand once threatened to kill Roark and Dominique if they got together. Why does he not do it?
2. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
3. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
4. How does Toohey react when Wynand forbids any mention of Roark in the "Banner"?
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)