|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toohey get his job back at the "Banner"?
(a) By retracting everything bad he ever said about Roark.
(b) By apologizing to Wynand.
(c) By blackmailing Scarret.
(d) By court order.
2. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
(a) Peter decides to use his wealth to open his own firm.
(b) A clause in Heyer's will lets Peter inherit only if he does not become a partner.
(c) Peter not only becomes a partner, he inherits Heyer's fortune.
(d) Francon decides he does not need a partner after all.
3. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(b) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(c) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(d) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is exhausting.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It helps build up his body.
5. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
(a) Roark goes out and gets the contract for himself.
(b) Roark agrees to do it if Peter puts Roark's name on it.
(c) Roark agrees to do it and let Peter put his name on it.
(d) Roark flatly refuses Peter this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)