|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
(a) He turns it over to his draftsman.
(b) He desides to get Toohey's help.
(c) He gives up.
(d) Once again, he goes to Roark.
2. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
(a) The Cosmo-Slotnik building.
(b) The Aquitania Hotel project.
(c) His plan to destroy Roark.
(d) Mallory's career as a sculptor.
3. How does Wynand react when he discovers that Dominique helped Roark destroy Cortlandt Homes?
(a) He approves.
(b) He threatens to expose them.
(c) He becomes intently jealous.
(d) He writes editorials condemning Roark.
4. How does Wynand get the last laugh on Toohey.
(a) He puts Toohey's articles in the sports section.
(b) He buys out the stock holders and shuts down the paper.
(c) He pushes Toohey into the presses, killing him.
(d) He rewrites everything Toohey does.
5. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
(b) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(c) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
(d) Wynand fires the reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
2. In his own defense, how does Roark contrast himself as a creator with those who preach selflessness?
3. How does Dominique continue to punish herself?
4. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
5. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)