|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(b) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
(c) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(d) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
2. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
(b) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(c) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(d) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
3. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
(a) Dominique must stay married to Peter.
(b) Dominique must go alone with Wynand on a cruise.
(c) Peter must tell Francon he is using Dominique to get the job.
(d) Peter must hire Mallory to do some sculptures.
4. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
(b) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(c) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(d) He elopes with Dominique.
5. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is finally happy with his life.
(d) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
3. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
4. What does Wynand admit to Roark?
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)