|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(c) By becoming his best friend
(d) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
2. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Lois Cook, the writer
(b) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(d) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A hotel
(b) A house like Heller's
(c) An office building
(d) A gas station
4. What is the irony of Roark's going to see Wynand about designing his house?
(a) Wynand's newspaper attacked Roark and Wynand has taken Dominique away.
(b) It is the only way Roark can now even see Dominique.
(c) Roark likes Wynand but hates his newspaper.
(d) Roark is now prepared to compromise his principles.
5. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) At city hall.
(b) In the Banner building.
(c) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
(d) On board Wynand's yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
3. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
5. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)