|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(d) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
2. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. When does Peter become the head of the architecture firm?
(a) When Neil Durant becomes a partner.
(b) When Toohey buys an interest in the firm.
(c) When Dominique decides not to divorce him.
(d) When Francon retires.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(b) The social skills needed for success
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) How to improve his designs
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
2. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
3. Where is Katie living now?
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
5. How does Roark define "selflessness"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)