|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his own defense, how does Roark contrast himself as a creator with those who preach selflessness?
(a) He says a creator's work pushes man forward while the others are parasites.
(b) He sees that he cannot win and throws himself on the mercy of the court.
(c) He says selflessness encourages creativity as a group effort.
(d) He says his position is wrong and he is sorry.
2. What does Roark discover about Cortlandt Homes when he returns for the sailing trip with Wynand?
(a) The plans were changed from his design.
(b) His designs were faulty.
(c) Peter decided to change the plans.
(d) The project is just as he designed it.
3. What does Wynand do with the letter Roark sends him?
(a) Reads it and throws it away.
(b) Returns it unopened.
(c) Publishes it in the newspaper.
(d) Tears it up.
4. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(b) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(c) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
(d) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
5. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
(a) It is the new direction all architecture will follow.
(b) It is a work of genius.
(c) It is an improvement over the classical style.
(d) It is cold and inhuman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
2. What is behind Wynand's association with Roark and Dominique?
3. How does Toohey make his move to take over the "Banner"?
4. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
5. What sin does Peter confess after seeing Katie again?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)