|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toohey demand be done with Roark?
(a) He wants Roark to rebuild using his original plans.
(b) He wants Roark to make a public apology.
(c) He wants him executed.
(d) He wants to free Roark.
2. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) A central shopping area.
(b) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(c) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(d) Privacy and uniqueness.
3. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(b) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
(c) He shows her his private art gallery.
(d) He buys her a diamond necklace.
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To his apartment
(b) To walk in the park
(c) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(d) To help pass out leaflets
5. What does Roark discover about Cortlandt Homes when he returns for the sailing trip with Wynand?
(a) Peter decided to change the plans.
(b) His designs were faulty.
(c) The plans were changed from his design.
(d) The project is just as he designed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the defeat so devastating to Wynand?
2. Where is Katie living now?
3. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
4. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
5. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)