|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against trusting Peter.
2. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
(b) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(c) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
(d) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(b) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(c) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(d) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
4. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
(a) Fear that he will say something
(b) A serious heatbreak
(c) A big laugh
(d) Power to control him
5. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
(a) Ellsworth Toohey.
(b) Dominique Francon.
(c) Roger Enright.
(d) Gail Wynand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
2. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
3. What brings about the downfall of Peter Keating's business?
4. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)