|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
(a) She is jealous of the people who still write for the newspaper.
(b) She is jealous of Roark's friendship with Wynand.
(c) She is jealous of Katie who is now seeing Roark.
(d) She is jealous because she says Wynand loves her statue and not her.
2. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) Wynand fires the reporter.
(b) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
(c) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(d) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(b) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(c) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(d) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(b) They are both socialists.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They both believe in capitalism.
5. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) In the Banner building.
(b) At city hall.
(c) On board Wynand's yacht.
(d) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
2. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
3. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
5. What causes Wynand to lose respect for integrity?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)