|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Peter after he goes into seclusion?
2. What does Roark discover about Cortlandt Homes when he returns for the sailing trip with Wynand?
(a) The plans were changed from his design.
(b) The project is just as he designed it.
(c) Peter decided to change the plans.
(d) His designs were faulty.
3. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
(a) He took candy to do other students' homework.
(b) He only attends parties of popular students.
(c) He makes fun of his parents.
(d) He sprays water on Johnny Stokes' new suit.
4. Why has Toohey orchestrated attacks on the "Banner"?
(a) He is getting back at Wynand for marrying Dominique.
(b) He knows opposition sells papers.
(c) It is just a joke he is playing.
(d) It is part of his plan to take it over.
5. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do own a yacht.
(b) It means I do run things.
(c) It means I like to be married.
(d) It means I can do as I please.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter learn from Francon?
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
3. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
4. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
5. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)