|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A gas station
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) A hotel
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) He gets credit for other people's work.
(b) His designs are altered by other architects.
(c) No one wants to build his designs.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
3. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
(a) He took candy to do other students' homework.
(b) He makes fun of his parents.
(c) He only attends parties of popular students.
(d) He sprays water on Johnny Stokes' new suit.
4. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(b) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
5. Wynand once threatened to kill Roark and Dominique if they got together. Why does he not do it?
(a) He feels guilty about turning on Roark.
(b) He knows he would be the first suspect if they were murdered.
(c) He would rather kill himself.
(d) He still likes Roark and does not want to harm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie feel for Peter when they meet by accident on the street?
2. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
4. What do Roark and Wynand agree on as they look at the land Wynand bought for his house?
5. Who helps Roark blow up the Cortlandt Homes project?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)