|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
(a) Toohey and Scarret
(b) Mallory and Enright
(c) Wynand and Dominique
(d) Francon and Katie
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
3. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
(a) He has not made arrangements for someone to inherit.
(b) He needs to get right with God.
(c) He has no fear of dying but is afraid of living.
(d) He remembers how he drove other people to suicide.
4. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) He would have to work with other architects.
(b) It was all donated time without any payment.
(c) It was too much for one man to do.
(d) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(c) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(d) He believes he will never be an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
2. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
3. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
4. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
5. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)