|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dominique disappointed when she verifies that Roark is reading her articles?
(a) They do not seem to hurt him like she wants.
(b) He has marked out many of the sentences.
(c) He becomes more violent when they meet.
(d) He uses them for the coffee grounds in the office.
2. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do own a yacht.
(b) It means I can do as I please.
(c) It means I like to be married.
(d) It means I do run things.
3. How does Wynand react when he discovers that Dominique helped Roark destroy Cortlandt Homes?
(a) He becomes intently jealous.
(b) He writes editorials condemning Roark.
(c) He threatens to expose them.
(d) He approves.
4. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(b) He is finally happy with his life.
(c) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(d) He is drunk.
5. Why, according to Roark, was Peter destroyed?
(a) Because he helped Peter.
(b) Because he married Dominique when he did not love her.
(c) Because he caused Heyer's death.
(d) Because he refused to listen to Toohey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toohey get his job back at the "Banner"?
2. Who takes over the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
4. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
5. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)