|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18 | Part 4, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person to see through Dominique's constant criticism of Roark's work in her column?
(b) Peter Keating
(d) Ellsworth Toohey
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(b) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(c) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) It is romantic and exciting.
3. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
(a) That Peter will bring him more publicity.
(b) That Roark did not design the building they agreed on.
(c) That Enright says Roark is too expensive.
(d) That Dominique convinced him to hire Peter instead.
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
(b) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(c) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
(d) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
5. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
(a) That Dominique will not divorce him.
(b) That Toohey has done something to destroy him.
(c) That he will not get his commission.
(d) That they will go on another cruise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
3. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
4. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
5. On her way to Reno, why does Dominique stop over in Clayton, Ohio?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)