|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(b) Privacy and uniqueness.
(c) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(d) A central shopping area.
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(b) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(c) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(d) Peter has nothing better to do.
3. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
(a) On a deserted island.
(b) In political activism.
(c) In service to others.
(d) On a mountaintop.
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He believes he will never be an architect.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(c) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(d) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
5. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(b) He elopes with Dominique.
(c) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(d) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
2. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
3. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
5. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)