|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Peter Keating's business?
(a) His partner is sabotaging him like he did to Heyer.
(b) Peter's desire to find Katie and marry her.
(c) The failure of the World's Fair exhibition.
(d) Toohey's continued support of Peter.
2. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
(a) He does not know how.
(b) She is more powerful than he is.
(c) She agreed to marry him.
(d) She is a woman.
3. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
(a) His plan to destroy Roark.
(b) The Cosmo-Slotnik building.
(c) The Aquitania Hotel project.
(d) Mallory's career as a sculptor.
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(d) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
5. What common trait in both Wynand and Roark does Dominique notice?
(a) They both have the same lack of integrety.
(b) They are both uncomfortable in large crowds.
(c) They both want people to love them.
(d) Neither of them satisfies her sexually.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
2. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
4. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
5. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)