|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(b) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(c) He is finally happy with his life.
(d) He is drunk.
2. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
(a) He has not eaten in several days.
(b) He respects Peter and Toohey so much.
(c) He knows Dominique will be there.
(d) He wants to reject working for Holcombe.
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(d) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To walk in the park
(b) To help pass out leaflets
(c) To his apartment
(d) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
5. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
(a) The Stanton School of Architecture
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
3. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
4. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
5. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)