|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(b) Lois Cook, the writer
(d) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
2. What common trait in both Wynand and Roark does Dominique notice?
(a) They both want people to love them.
(b) Neither of them satisfies her sexually.
(c) They both have the same lack of integrety.
(d) They are both uncomfortable in large crowds.
3. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By rigging an elevator accident
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
4. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) His designs are altered by other architects.
(b) No one wants to build his designs.
(c) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(d) He gets credit for other people's work.
5. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(b) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) Roark is insubordinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
2. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
4. What do Scarret and Toohey hope for after Roark's visit?
5. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)