|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
(a) He thinks he can get Mallory to work cheap.
(b) He thinks he can control Mallory.
(c) He wants to insult Toohey.
(d) He thinks Mallory's work is excellent.
2. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
(a) He wants people to think it is good because he said so.
(b) He really knows nothing about being a drama critic.
(c) He feels sorry for Ike and wants to help him.
(d) He wants to make Toohey look stupid.
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(b) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(c) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(d) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
4. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(b) He does not really like the design.
(c) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(d) People think the contest was rigged.
5. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
(a) That their marriage is romantic.
(b) That she is so different from him.
(c) The fact that he owns her.
(d) That she is so influential in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
2. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
3. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
4. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
5. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)