|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(b) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(b) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(c) It is romantic and exciting.
(d) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
3. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
(a) She thinks they were unaffected by the newspaper.
(b) She thinks the paper dealt fairly with both issues.
(c) She says they were both great achievements of the Banner.
(d) She thinks the play is more important than the temple.
4. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(b) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(c) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(d) He gets a job at the bank.
5. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
(a) He want to make sure Roark is following orders.
(b) He cannot remember from day to day what it looks like.
(c) He wants to reassure himself that he made the right choice.
(d) He finds real peace when he goes there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Peter does not understand, has never understood, about Roark?
2. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
4. When does Peter become the head of the architecture firm?
5. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)