|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He resigns as the temple architect.
(b) He thinks about killing Toohey.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He decides to do a classical building to fool Toohey.
2. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(b) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
(c) Wynand fires the reporter.
(d) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
3. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(b) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
(c) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
(d) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
5. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(b) He says that he is a dangerous man.
(c) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
(d) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wynand feel the best setting is for Roark?
2. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
4. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
5. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)