|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(d) He loses the use of his eyes.
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(b) He understands that people do not really like him.
(c) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(d) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
3. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A copy of his book.
(b) The Mallory statue.
(c) A painting of the Banner building.
(d) A plaque for community service.
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That architecture should be about what people want.
(b) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(c) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(d) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
5. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) At city hall.
(b) In the Banner building.
(c) On board Wynand's yacht.
(d) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
5. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)