|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(b) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(c) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(d) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
2. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
(a) She thinks the paper dealt fairly with both issues.
(b) She thinks they were unaffected by the newspaper.
(c) She says they were both great achievements of the Banner.
(d) She thinks the play is more important than the temple.
3. What do Roark and Wynand agree on as they look at the land Wynand bought for his house?
(a) Roark agrees to let Wynand dictate the design.
(b) They agree that the house should be entirely of wood.
(c) Wynand agrees that Roark should consult Dominique.
(d) They agree on the site for the house.
4. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(c) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(d) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(b) The social skills needed for success
(c) How to improve his designs
(d) How to become an independent thinker
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
2. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
3. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
5. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)