|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
(a) She reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) She recognizes his style when she sees the drawings.
(c) She has a dream that tells her Roark will re-enter her life.
(d) Toohey calls to tell her.
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(b) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(c) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(d) That architecture should be about what people want.
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(b) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(c) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(d) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It helps build up his body.
(b) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(c) It is exhausting.
(d) It is exciting.
5. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
(a) He wants to reject working for Holcombe.
(b) He respects Peter and Toohey so much.
(c) He knows Dominique will be there.
(d) He has not eaten in several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
3. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
4. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
5. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)