|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
(a) He is recommended by Francon.
(b) He threatens to organize a workers' strike.
(c) He publishes his book.
(d) He offers to work for free.
2. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(b) Lois Cook, the writer
(c) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(d) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
3. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
(a) She recognizes his style when she sees the drawings.
(b) Toohey calls to tell her.
(c) She reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) She has a dream that tells her Roark will re-enter her life.
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(d) Mallory has not finished the stature.
5. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(b) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
(c) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(d) He elopes with Dominique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark return to New York?
2. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)