|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
(a) She recognizes his style when she sees the drawings.
(b) Toohey calls to tell her.
(c) She has a dream that tells her Roark will re-enter her life.
(d) She reads about it in the newspaper.
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
3. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exhausting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It is exciting.
4. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is finally happy with his life.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(d) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
5. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He understands that people do not really like him.
(b) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(c) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(d) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
5. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)