|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
(a) To protect the innocent.
(b) To protect the guilty.
(c) To keep him from murdering Wynand.
(d) So he can get the publicity.
2. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
(a) Peter must hire Mallory to do some sculptures.
(b) Peter must tell Francon he is using Dominique to get the job.
(c) Dominique must stay married to Peter.
(d) Dominique must go alone with Wynand on a cruise.
3. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He tells her who he really is.
(b) He destroys the new fireplace.
(c) He refuses to make love to her.
(d) He takes her by force.
4. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
(a) It closes right after opening.
(b) It became a smash hit.
(c) The public pans the play.
(d) It wins the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
5. How do we know that Wynand is not always aware of what his newspaper prints?
(a) He never comes in to the newspaper office.
(b) He has to ask Dominique who Roark is.
(c) He asks for all the articles on Roark after his visit.
(d) He trusts his writers to write with integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
2. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
3. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
4. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)