|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
(a) It became a smash hit.
(b) The public pans the play.
(c) It closes right after opening.
(d) It wins the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(b) Wynand fires her.
(c) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(d) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
3. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(b) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
(c) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(d) He shows her his private art gallery.
4. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
(d) The Stanton School of Architecture
5. How does Toohey react when Wynand forbids any mention of Roark in the "Banner"?
(a) Toohey goes into a rage.
(b) Toohey goes out and gets drunk.
(c) Toohey smiles.
(d) Toohey plans to write a book attacking Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
2. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
3. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
5. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)