|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He refuses to make love to her.
(b) He destroys the new fireplace.
(c) He tells her who he really is.
(d) He takes her by force.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(b) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(c) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(d) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
3. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
(b) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(c) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
(d) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
4. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(b) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(c) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(d) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
5. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(b) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
(c) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(d) Lois Cook, the writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of Roark's going to see Wynand about designing his house?
2. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
3. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
4. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)