|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
(c) The weather
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(b) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(c) He does not really like the design.
(d) People think the contest was rigged.
3. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By rigging an elevator accident
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
5. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(b) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
(c) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
(d) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the basic difference between Roark and Wynand?
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
3. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
4. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
5. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)