|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
(a) That Peter will bring him more publicity.
(b) That Enright says Roark is too expensive.
(c) That Dominique convinced him to hire Peter instead.
(d) That Roark did not design the building they agreed on.
2. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(b) It must look like an Italian palace.
(c) It must have at least three floors.
(d) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
3. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
5. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He says he does not want to marry Dominique ever.
(b) He says he will wait for her.
(c) He demands that she annul the marriage immediately.
(d) He threatens to tell Peter where she was that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
2. Why does Roark return to New York?
3. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
5. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)