|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) It was all donated time without any payment.
(b) He would have to work with other architects.
(c) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(d) It was too much for one man to do.
2. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
(a) It closes right after opening.
(b) The public pans the play.
(c) It wins the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
(d) It became a smash hit.
3. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
(b) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(c) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
(d) He makes her want to return to the city.
4. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is romantic and exciting.
(b) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(c) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(b) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
2. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
3. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)