|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Scarret and Toohey hope for after Roark's visit?
(a) That Wynand is thinking about selling the newspaper.
(b) That they can start writing good things about Roark.
(c) That Wynand will destroy him.
(d) That Roark will finally leave the city.
2. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(b) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(c) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(d) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(b) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) It is romantic and exciting.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
4. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) He makes her want to return to the city.
(b) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
(c) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(d) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
5. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
(a) That Dominique will not divorce him.
(b) That he will not get his commission.
(c) That Toohey has done something to destroy him.
(d) That they will go on another cruise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
2. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
4. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)