|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(b) He understands that people do not really like him.
(c) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(d) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
2. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
(a) The city courthouse.
(b) A vacation house in the Bahamas.
(c) The Wynand Building in Hell's Kitchen.
(d) An addition to the Wynand house.
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He copies the work of other students.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) He really has no talent as an architect.
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter has nothing better to do.
(b) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
5. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
(a) He wants Dominique to divorce Peter and marry Wynand.
(b) He wants her to get Peter hired to design Wynand's Stoneridge Homes project.
(c) He wants Dominique to find out why Roark is a failure.
(d) He now wants to destroy Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
2. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
3. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
4. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)