|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
(b) The weather
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
3. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
(a) He writes that the house is like a box.
(b) Again he attacks Roark as revolutionary.
(c) Nothing. He refuses to mention it.
(d) He says that Roark is insane.
4. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
(a) He thinks Toohey will not give him the sculpture if he does not agree to meet her.
(b) Toohey threatens to resign if he will not meet with her.
(c) He wants to meet the model for the statue.
(d) He learns that Dominique is married.
5. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) It was all donated time without any payment.
(b) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(c) It was too much for one man to do.
(d) He would have to work with other architects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
2. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
3. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
4. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
5. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)