|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
(b) He says that he is a dangerous man.
(c) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(d) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
3. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
(a) She thinks the play is more important than the temple.
(b) She thinks they were unaffected by the newspaper.
(c) She thinks the paper dealt fairly with both issues.
(d) She says they were both great achievements of the Banner.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) How to improve his designs
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
2. How does Dominique continue to punish herself?
3. How does Wynand try to manipulate Roark?
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
5. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)