|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
(a) She reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) Toohey calls to tell her.
(c) She recognizes his style when she sees the drawings.
(d) She has a dream that tells her Roark will re-enter her life.
2. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
(a) That she is so different from him.
(b) That their marriage is romantic.
(c) The fact that he owns her.
(d) That she is so influential in society.
3. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(b) Wynand fires the reporter.
(c) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
(d) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
4. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He gets a job at the bank.
(b) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(c) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(d) He takes a job as a short order cook.
5. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He denies knowing Roark.
(d) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
2. Why does Roark return to New York?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
5. How does Wynand try to manipulate Roark?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)