|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(b) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(c) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(d) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
3. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He starts buying Banner stock.
(b) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(c) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(d) He tries to bring back Dominique.
4. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(b) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(c) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(d) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
5. What is the basic difference between Roark and Wynand?
(a) Wynand came from privilege; Roark came from poverty.
(b) Roark wants to please everyone; Wynand wants to please only himself.
(c) Wynand wants to possess Dominique; Roark values only his freedom.
(d) Wynand wants to conquer other people; Roark wants to conquer himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
2. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
3. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
4. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)