|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the basic difference between Roark and Wynand?
(a) Wynand came from privilege; Roark came from poverty.
(b) Wynand wants to possess Dominique; Roark values only his freedom.
(c) Wynand wants to conquer other people; Roark wants to conquer himself.
(d) Roark wants to please everyone; Wynand wants to please only himself.
2. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
(a) He wants people to think it is good because he said so.
(b) He really knows nothing about being a drama critic.
(c) He wants to make Toohey look stupid.
(d) He feels sorry for Ike and wants to help him.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Bricks, location, and cost
(b) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(c) Materials, site, and purpose
(d) Beauty, size, and familiarity
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(b) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
5. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(b) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(c) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(d) He gets a job at the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
2. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
3. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
4. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)