|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(d) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
2. On her way to Reno, why does Dominique stop over in Clayton, Ohio?
(a) Mallory is there waiting for her.
(b) She changes her mind about divorcing Peter.
(c) She is tired of the long train ride.
(d) Roark is there building a new building.
3. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(d) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
4. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
(a) She wants to destroy him as an architect.
(b) She wants to make him apologize for raping her.
(c) She wants to make him a star.
(d) She wants to marry him.
5. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(b) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(c) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(d) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
4. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
5. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)