|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(b) He would have to work with other architects.
(c) It was too much for one man to do.
(d) It was all donated time without any payment.
2. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
(a) She is subtly saying that it is a work of genius.
(b) She writes that it should be copied by other architects.
(c) She thinks the houses near it make it look all that much worse.
(d) She says that it is a ridiculous looking structure.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
4. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
(a) A big laugh
(b) A serious heatbreak
(c) Fear that he will say something
(d) Power to control him
5. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
(a) Dominique must stay married to Peter.
(b) Dominique must go alone with Wynand on a cruise.
(c) Peter must tell Francon he is using Dominique to get the job.
(d) Peter must hire Mallory to do some sculptures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
3. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
4. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
5. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)