|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
2. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(b) He denies knowing Roark.
(c) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(d) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
3. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
(a) They both pretend they have never met.
(b) Dominique grabs Peter and kisses him.
(c) Dominique becomes upset and leaves the party.
(d) Roark takes her back to his place.
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(b) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(c) By rigging an elevator accident
(d) By becoming his best friend
5. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(b) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(c) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(d) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
3. What causes Wynand to lose respect for integrity?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. Why does the new drama critic at the "Banner" promote Ike's new play that everyone says is bad?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)