|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
(b) At city hall.
(c) On board Wynand's yacht.
(d) In the Banner building.
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(c) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(b) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
4. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
(a) She tells him to mind his own business.
(b) She is insensed.
(c) She does not react.
(d) She laughs.
5. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
(a) That Toohey has done something to destroy him.
(b) That they will go on another cruise.
(c) That he will not get his commission.
(d) That Dominique will not divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
2. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
3. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
4. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
5. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)