|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(d) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
2. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) In the Banner building.
(b) At city hall.
(c) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
(d) On board Wynand's yacht.
3. What causes Wynand to lose respect for integrity?
(a) He knows that he cannot be honest with anyone.
(b) He discovers that writers often do not believe their own words.
(c) He does not lose respect for integrity. He always insists that all reporters tell the truth.
(d) He decides that only crime pays.
4. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(b) He elopes with Dominique.
(c) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(d) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
5. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
(a) To love equally all people is to hate mankind.
(b) To live in luxury is the meaning of life.
(c) To be charitable is to change the world.
(d) It is impossible to be happy in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)