|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(c) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
(d) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
2. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) It was too much for one man to do.
(b) He would have to work with other architects.
(c) It was all donated time without any payment.
(d) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
4. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(b) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(c) She is unhappy doing social work.
(d) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
5. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Bricks, location, and cost
(c) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(d) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
2. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
3. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
4. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
5. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)