|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(b) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
2. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
(a) Knowing they were going backrupt, they sold properties anyway.
(b) Hiring Roark so that everyone would think he was responsible for the bankruptcy.
(c) Refusing to pay Roark when the project was late being finished.
(d) Over-selling the properties by 200% in the hopes they would go bankrupt.
3. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(b) Privacy and uniqueness.
(c) A central shopping area.
(d) Clusters of closely situated houses.
4. Why are Toohey and Scarret worried about the marriage of Dominique and Wynand?
(a) They fear that Dominique will make changes in the paper.
(b) They think Dominique is making a personal mistake.
(c) They think Dominique plans to get them fired.
(d) They think Wynand will be around more after the marriage.
5. What finally persuades Wynand to meet Dominique?
(a) He thinks Toohey will not give him the sculpture if he does not agree to meet her.
(b) He learns that Dominique is married.
(c) Toohey threatens to resign if he will not meet with her.
(d) He wants to meet the model for the statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
3. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
5. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)