|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(c) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(d) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
3. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
(a) Mallory's career as a sculptor.
(b) The Aquitania Hotel project.
(c) The Cosmo-Slotnik building.
(d) His plan to destroy Roark.
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A house like Heller's
(c) A gas station
(d) A hotel
5. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
(a) He needs to get right with God.
(b) He has not made arrangements for someone to inherit.
(c) He has no fear of dying but is afraid of living.
(d) He remembers how he drove other people to suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
5. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)