|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person to see through Dominique's constant criticism of Roark's work in her column?
(b) Ellsworth Toohey
(c) Peter Keating
2. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
(a) It is cold and inhuman.
(b) It is a work of genius.
(c) It is an improvement over the classical style.
(d) It is the new direction all architecture will follow.
3. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(b) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(c) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(d) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
4. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do own a yacht.
(b) It means I like to be married.
(c) It means I do run things.
(d) It means I can do as I please.
5. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She goes to live in the slums.
(b) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
(c) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
(d) She confronts the owners of the slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
2. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
3. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
4. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
5. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)