|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
(a) She thinks the paper dealt fairly with both issues.
(b) She thinks the play is more important than the temple.
(c) She says they were both great achievements of the Banner.
(d) She thinks they were unaffected by the newspaper.
2. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that he is a dangerous man.
(b) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
(c) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(d) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
3. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It helps build up his body.
(b) It is exciting.
(c) It is exhausting.
(d) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
4. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(b) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(c) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(d) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
4. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
5. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)