|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His alcoholism
(b) His lack of social graces
(c) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(d) The structural weaknesses of his designs
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(c) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(b) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(c) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(d) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
4. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
(a) He offers to work for free.
(b) He is recommended by Francon.
(c) He publishes his book.
(d) He threatens to organize a workers' strike.
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(b) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(c) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(d) That architecture should be about what people want.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
3. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
4. How does Dominique compare the success of Ike's play with the destruction of Roark's temple?
5. What is Toohey's motivation to have Wynand meet Dominique?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)