|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(b) He has a public reputation for failure.
(c) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At the opening of his latest building
(b) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(c) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(d) In her father's office
3. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(b) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(c) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(d) Wynand fires her.
4. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
(a) She thinks it is too easy to control Roark.
(b) She plans to stop seeing him.
(c) She wants to change and be supportive of his work.
(d) She feels that he has gained power over her.
5. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A painting of the Banner building.
(b) A copy of his book.
(c) The Mallory statue.
(d) A plaque for community service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
2. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
3. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
5. How is it clear that Peter knows Dominique is in love with another man?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)