|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She goes to live in the slums.
(b) She confronts the owners of the slums.
(c) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
(d) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
2. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
(b) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(c) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(d) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
3. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
(b) It was all donated time without any payment.
(c) He would have to work with other architects.
(d) It was too much for one man to do.
4. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
(a) Dominique refuses to talk to her.
(b) It becomes the first reference to the marriage in the press.
(c) Wynand locks Dominique in their penthouse.
(d) Wynand fires the reporter.
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(b) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(c) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(d) She is unhappy doing social work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
2. What do Gail Wynand and Dominique discuss when they go sailing?
3. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
4. When Dominique and Wynand return early from their cruise, what is Peter's concern?
5. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)