|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(b) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(c) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(d) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
2. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
(a) He needs to get right with God.
(b) He has no fear of dying but is afraid of living.
(c) He has not made arrangements for someone to inherit.
(d) He remembers how he drove other people to suicide.
3. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(b) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(c) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
4. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must have at least three floors.
(b) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
(c) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(d) It must look like an Italian palace.
5. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(c) He denies knowing Roark.
(d) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
2. What underhanded trick do the Aquitania Hotel developers play that backfires on them?
3. Why is Peter unhappy in his marriage?
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
5. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)