|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gift Toohey sends to Gail Wynand?
(a) A plaque for community service.
(b) A painting of the Banner building.
(c) A copy of his book.
(d) The Mallory statue.
2. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) A central shopping area.
(b) Large houses with open spaces around them.
(c) Privacy and uniqueness.
(d) Clusters of closely situated houses.
3. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(b) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(c) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
4. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
(a) She wants to change and be supportive of his work.
(b) She thinks it is too easy to control Roark.
(c) She plans to stop seeing him.
(d) She feels that he has gained power over her.
5. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(b) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(c) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(d) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
2. Why does Roark return to New York?
3. What does Peter learn from Francon?
4. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
5. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)