|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(b) Roark is insubordinate.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
2. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is exhausting.
(c) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(d) It helps build up his body.
3. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(b) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(c) He is finally happy with his life.
(d) He is drunk.
4. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
(a) She must find the quarry worker again.
(b) Toohey has changed her attitude toward men.
(c) A quarry worker changed her.
(d) She is in love with Roark.
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(b) He believes he will never be an architect.
(c) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(d) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
3. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
4. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
5. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)