|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(b) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(c) He is finally happy with his life.
(d) He is drunk.
2. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
(a) That Peter will bring him more publicity.
(b) That Roark did not design the building they agreed on.
(c) That Enright says Roark is too expensive.
(d) That Dominique convinced him to hire Peter instead.
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He understands that people do not really like him.
(b) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(c) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(d) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
4. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) The landlords sell the slums.
(b) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(c) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(d) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
5. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
(a) She does not react.
(b) She tells him to mind his own business.
(c) She is insensed.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
2. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
3. Where does Dominique spend her wedding night?
4. What common trait in both Wynand and Roark does Dominique notice?
5. How was Roark able to reopen his architecture business?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)