|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
(b) Lois Cook, the writer
(c) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
2. When does Peter become the head of the architecture firm?
(a) When Neil Durant becomes a partner.
(b) When Dominique decides not to divorce him.
(c) When Francon retires.
(d) When Toohey buys an interest in the firm.
3. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(b) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
(c) He says that he is a dangerous man.
(d) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
4. On her way to Reno, why does Dominique stop over in Clayton, Ohio?
(a) Mallory is there waiting for her.
(b) She is tired of the long train ride.
(c) Roark is there building a new building.
(d) She changes her mind about divorcing Peter.
5. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(b) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(c) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
(d) He shows her his private art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
5. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)