|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toohey begins to promote architecture that is stark and plain. Who gets the credit for the concept?
(b) The Stanton School of Architecture
2. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
(a) At city hall.
(b) In the Banner building.
(c) On board Wynand's yacht.
(d) At the Noyes-Belmont Hotel.
3. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
(a) He took candy to do other students' homework.
(b) He only attends parties of popular students.
(c) He makes fun of his parents.
(d) He sprays water on Johnny Stokes' new suit.
4. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
(a) He thinks he can get Mallory to work cheap.
(b) He thinks Mallory's work is excellent.
(c) He wants to insult Toohey.
(d) He thinks he can control Mallory.
5. Why is Dominique disappointed when she verifies that Roark is reading her articles?
(a) They do not seem to hurt him like she wants.
(b) He has marked out many of the sentences.
(c) He becomes more violent when they meet.
(d) He uses them for the coffee grounds in the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
2. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
5. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)