|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Roark able to reopen his architecture business?
(a) He inherited money from Heyer.
(b) Dominique secretly supported him.
(c) Peter loaned him the money.
(d) He got the Enright contract.
2. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
(a) The Aquitania Hotel project.
(b) The Cosmo-Slotnik building.
(c) Mallory's career as a sculptor.
(d) His plan to destroy Roark.
3. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(b) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(c) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(d) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His alcoholism
(b) His lack of social graces
(c) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(d) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
3. Why is Dominique disappointed when she verifies that Roark is reading her articles?
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
5. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)