|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He gets a job at the bank.
(b) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(c) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(d) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
2. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
(b) Lois Cook, the writer
(d) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both believe in capitalism.
(b) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(c) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(d) They are both socialists.
4. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
(a) They both pretend they have never met.
(b) Dominique becomes upset and leaves the party.
(c) Roark takes her back to his place.
(d) Dominique grabs Peter and kisses him.
5. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(c) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(d) He denies knowing Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
2. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
3. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
4. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
5. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)