|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(b) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(b) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(c) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(d) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) The death of Henry Cameron.
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His lack of social graces
(b) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(c) His alcoholism
(d) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
2. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
3. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)