|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(b) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(c) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(d) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(b) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(c) He does not really like the design.
(d) People think the contest was rigged.
3. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He decides to do a classical building to fool Toohey.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He thinks about killing Toohey.
(d) He resigns as the temple architect.
4. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He really has no talent as an architect.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) He copies the work of other students.
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By rigging an elevator accident
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
2. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
3. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
4. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
5. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)