|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(b) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) It is romantic and exciting.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(d) Roark is insubordinate.
3. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
4. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(b) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(c) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(d) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(b) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(c) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(d) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
2. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
5. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)