|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exhausting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
2. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
(a) She feels that he has gained power over her.
(b) She thinks it is too easy to control Roark.
(c) She plans to stop seeing him.
(d) She wants to change and be supportive of his work.
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(b) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It has obscene carvings on it.
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(b) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(c) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(d) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
4. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
5. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)