|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(b) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(c) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(d) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) His business is a failure.
(b) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(c) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(d) He loses the use of his eyes.
5. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against trusting Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
3. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
4. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)