|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) His designs are altered by other architects.
(d) He gets credit for other people's work.
2. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(b) He denies knowing Roark.
(c) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(d) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
3. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) How to improve his designs
(b) How to become an independent thinker
(c) The social skills needed for success
(d) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
4. Why is Dominique disappointed when she verifies that Roark is reading her articles?
(a) He becomes more violent when they meet.
(b) He has marked out many of the sentences.
(c) They do not seem to hurt him like she wants.
(d) He uses them for the coffee grounds in the office.
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(b) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
2. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
3. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
5. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)