|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She confronts the owners of the slums.
(b) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
(c) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
(d) She goes to live in the slums.
2. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
(a) He threatens to organize a workers' strike.
(b) He publishes his book.
(c) He offers to work for free.
(d) He is recommended by Francon.
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
4. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that he is a dangerous man.
(b) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(c) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
(d) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
5. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He refuses to make love to her.
(b) He destroys the new fireplace.
(c) He takes her by force.
(d) He tells her who he really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
2. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
3. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
5. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)