|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
(a) He has not eaten in several days.
(b) He knows Dominique will be there.
(c) He respects Peter and Toohey so much.
(d) He wants to reject working for Holcombe.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Mike has great respect for all architects.
3. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(b) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(c) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(d) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
4. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
(c) Lois Cook, the writer
(d) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
5. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(b) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(c) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(d) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
2. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
5. Why does Roark return to New York?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)