|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter has nothing better to do.
(b) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(c) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(d) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) He does not really like the design.
(b) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(c) People think the contest was rigged.
(d) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
3. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
5. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(b) They both believe in capitalism.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They are both socialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
2. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
3. Who is the only person to see through Dominique's constant criticism of Roark's work in her column?
4. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
5. What does Toohey call the "Unfinished Symphony"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)