|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His lack of social graces
(b) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(c) His alcoholism
(d) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
2. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She confronts the owners of the slums.
(b) She goes to live in the slums.
(c) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
(d) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
3. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(d) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) How to improve his designs
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
5. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)