|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(d) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(b) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(b) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(c) Peter has nothing better to do.
(d) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
3. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)