|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(b) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(c) He believes he will never be an architect.
(d) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
2. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
3. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To walk in the park
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To his apartment
(d) To help pass out leaflets
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Bricks, location, and cost
(b) Materials, site, and purpose
(c) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(d) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
5. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(b) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(c) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(d) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
2. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
3. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
4. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
5. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)