|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He denies knowing Roark.
(d) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
2. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(b) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(c) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(d) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He really has no talent as an architect.
(b) He copies the work of other students.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(b) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(c) The death of Henry Cameron.
(d) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
5. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(b) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(c) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(d) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
2. Why does Roark hire Mallory to make the sculpture for the temple he is building?
3. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
5. What do people say about Roark's work after the opening of the Enright house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)