|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) His designs are altered by other architects.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) No one wants to build his designs.
2. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
(a) She writes that it should be copied by other architects.
(b) She thinks the houses near it make it look all that much worse.
(c) She says that it is a ridiculous looking structure.
(d) She is subtly saying that it is a work of genius.
3. What does Dominique want to do to Roark?
(a) She wants to make him apologize for raping her.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She wants to destroy him as an architect.
(d) She wants to make him a star.
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against trusting Peter.
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
2. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
4. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
5. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)