|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
(a) He threatens to organize a workers' strike.
(b) He publishes his book.
(c) He is recommended by Francon.
(d) He offers to work for free.
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(c) That architecture should be about what people want.
(d) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(b) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(c) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(d) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
4. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(b) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(c) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(d) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
5. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He refuses to make love to her.
(b) He destroys the new fireplace.
(c) He takes her by force.
(d) He tells her who he really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)