|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(b) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(c) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(d) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
2. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
3. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) A gas station
(c) An office building
(d) A hotel
5. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It has obscene carvings on it.
(d) Roark sends another workman to install it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
2. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
4. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
5. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)