|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(b) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It has obscene carvings on it.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(b) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(c) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(d) That Katie will not marry him after that.
3. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
(a) A serious heatbreak
(b) Power to control him
(c) Fear that he will say something
(d) A big laugh
4. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He denies knowing Roark.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(d) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
5. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(b) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(c) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(d) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
2. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)