|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toohey write in his column about the Enright house?
(a) He writes that the house is like a box.
(b) Again he attacks Roark as revolutionary.
(c) Nothing. He refuses to mention it.
(d) He says that Roark is insane.
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At the opening of his latest building
(b) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(c) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(d) In her father's office
3. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(d) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
4. When Dominique reveals that Toohey got Roark the job of building the temple to destroy him, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He decides to do a classical building to fool Toohey.
(b) He resigns as the temple architect.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He thinks about killing Toohey.
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(d) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
4. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)