|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(b) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(b) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(c) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(d) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
3. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(b) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(c) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
(d) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
4. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He destroys the new fireplace.
(b) He refuses to make love to her.
(c) He tells her who he really is.
(d) He takes her by force.
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark has too many social obligations.
(b) Peter is actually a better architect.
(c) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(d) Peter has better social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
3. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
4. What does Roark do to help Peter?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)