|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He loses the use of his eyes.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(d) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It has obscene carvings on it.
(c) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(d) Roark sends another workman to install it.
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By rigging an elevator accident
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
5. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At the opening of his latest building
(b) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(c) In her father's office
(d) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)