|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(d) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(c) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(d) That architecture should be about what people want.
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A hotel
(b) A gas station
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) An office building
4. How was Roark able to reopen his architecture business?
(a) Peter loaned him the money.
(b) He got the Enright contract.
(c) Dominique secretly supported him.
(d) He inherited money from Heyer.
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(c) It is romantic and exciting.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
3. What does Roark do to help Peter?
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)