|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is exhausting.
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A hotel
(b) An office building
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) A gas station
3. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(b) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
2. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
5. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)