|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
(b) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(c) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
(d) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
3. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(b) He denies knowing Roark.
(c) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(d) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
4. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must look like an Italian palace.
(b) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
(c) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(d) It must have at least three floors.
5. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
(b) Lois Cook, the writer
(c) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)