|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(b) In her father's office
(c) At the opening of his latest building
(d) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
2. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(b) It must have at least three floors.
(c) It must look like an Italian palace.
(d) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(b) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(c) It has obscene carvings on it.
(d) It is ugly.
4. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(b) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(c) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(d) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
5. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(b) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(c) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(d) He gets a job at the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
2. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)