|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(b) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(c) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(d) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
2. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
(b) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(c) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(d) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(c) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(d) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(b) He believes he will never be an architect.
(c) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(d) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
5. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To walk in the park
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To help pass out leaflets
(d) To his apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
2. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
3. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
4. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
5. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)