|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(b) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(c) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(d) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(b) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
5. How was Roark able to reopen his architecture business?
(a) Peter loaned him the money.
(b) He got the Enright contract.
(c) He inherited money from Heyer.
(d) Dominique secretly supported him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
2. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
3. What does Peter learn from Francon?
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)