|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(d) He fears that Roark might get his job.
2. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
(b) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
(c) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(d) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(c) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(d) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(b) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
5. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
2. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
3. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
5. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)