|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Roark able to reopen his architecture business?
(a) Peter loaned him the money.
(b) Dominique secretly supported him.
(c) He got the Enright contract.
(d) He inherited money from Heyer.
2. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By rigging an elevator accident
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(b) Peter has nothing better to do.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
5. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
3. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
4. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)