|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He understands that people do not really like him.
(b) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(c) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(d) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
2. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He gets a job at the bank.
(b) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(c) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(d) He takes a job as a short order cook.
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(b) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(c) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(d) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To walk in the park
(c) To his apartment
(d) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) A gas station
(c) An office building
(d) A hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
2. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
5. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)