|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(b) He loses the use of his eyes.
(c) His business is a failure.
(d) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
2. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(b) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(c) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(d) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(c) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(d) Bricks, location, and cost
4. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(b) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(c) The landlords sell the slums.
(d) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
5. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(b) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(c) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(d) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
3. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
5. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)