|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(b) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(c) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(d) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
3. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(b) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(c) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(d) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(b) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
5. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(b) Materials, site, and purpose
(c) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(d) Bricks, location, and cost
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
2. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
3. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
4. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
5. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)