|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
(a) A clause in Heyer's will lets Peter inherit only if he does not become a partner.
(b) Peter not only becomes a partner, he inherits Heyer's fortune.
(c) Francon decides he does not need a partner after all.
(d) Peter decides to use his wealth to open his own firm.
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They are both socialists.
(b) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(c) They both believe in capitalism.
(d) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(b) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(b) Peter has nothing better to do.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
5. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(b) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(c) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(d) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
4. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)