|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
(a) She is subtly saying that it is a work of genius.
(b) She thinks the houses near it make it look all that much worse.
(c) She writes that it should be copied by other architects.
(d) She says that it is a ridiculous looking structure.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
3. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To walk in the park
(c) To his apartment
(d) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
4. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
(a) That Peter will bring him more publicity.
(b) That Dominique convinced him to hire Peter instead.
(c) That Roark did not design the building they agreed on.
(d) That Enright says Roark is too expensive.
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(d) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter learn from Francon?
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
3. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)