|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(b) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(c) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(d) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
4. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
(b) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
(c) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(d) He makes her want to return to the city.
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(c) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(d) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
2. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)