|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
3. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(b) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(c) Lois Cook, the writer
(d) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
4. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(b) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(c) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(d) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Peter is actually a better architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
2. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
4. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
5. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)