|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
(a) Lois Cook, the writer
(b) Steven Mallory, the sculptor
(d) Katie, Ellsworth's niece
2. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
(b) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
(c) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(d) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
3. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He refuses to make love to her.
(b) He takes her by force.
(c) He destroys the new fireplace.
(d) He tells her who he really is.
4. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(b) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(c) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(d) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
5. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(b) The landlords sell the slums.
(c) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(d) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
3. What does Roark do to help Peter?
4. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
5. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)