|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
(a) She writes that it should be copied by other architects.
(b) She thinks the houses near it make it look all that much worse.
(c) She is subtly saying that it is a work of genius.
(d) She says that it is a ridiculous looking structure.
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) It is romantic and exciting.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) His designs are altered by other architects.
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) Roark's work is sub-standard.
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By becoming his best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark agree to go to the Holcombe party?
2. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
3. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)