|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(d) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
2. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(b) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(c) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(d) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
3. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
(a) A clause in Heyer's will lets Peter inherit only if he does not become a partner.
(b) Francon decides he does not need a partner after all.
(c) Peter not only becomes a partner, he inherits Heyer's fortune.
(d) Peter decides to use his wealth to open his own firm.
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
5. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(b) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(c) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(d) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
2. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
4. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
5. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)