|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(b) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(c) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(d) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(d) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
3. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
4. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(b) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(c) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(d) The landlords sell the slums.
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(b) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
2. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)