|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His alcoholism
(b) His lack of social graces
(c) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(d) The structural weaknesses of his designs
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(b) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(c) Peter has nothing better to do.
(d) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
4. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(b) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(c) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(d) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
4. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)