|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(b) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(c) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(d) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) He fears that Roark might get his job.
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(b) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(c) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(d) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(b) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(c) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(d) Peter has nothing better to do.
5. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) The landlords sell the slums.
(b) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(c) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(d) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
5. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)