|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(b) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(c) His business is a failure.
(d) He loses the use of his eyes.
2. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
(b) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(c) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(d) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
3. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(c) By becoming his best friend
(d) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
5. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(b) He really has no talent as an architect.
(c) He copies the work of other students.
(d) He misses too many lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)