|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against marrying Dominique.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(d) He fears that Roark might get his job.
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He gets credit for other people's work.
(c) His designs are altered by other architects.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
5. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
Short Answer Questions
1. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
3. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
4. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)