|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
2. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
(a) He now believes that Roark will become the greatest architect of the day.
(b) He believes he can control Roark if he is working for Snyte's firm.
(c) He tries to lure him back into his firm with an offer of more money.
(d) He wants to please Austen Heller who likes Roark.
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(b) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(c) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(d) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(b) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(c) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
5. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. What does Roark do to help Peter?
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)