|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(b) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is romantic and exciting.
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(d) He tells Toohey which one is his.
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(b) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(c) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(d) He understands that people do not really like him.
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(b) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(c) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(d) He believes he will never be an architect.
5. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(b) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(c) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(d) The landlords sell the slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
2. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)