|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against going against public tastes.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter has nothing better to do.
(b) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) His designs are altered by other architects.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) No one wants to build his designs.
(d) He gets credit for other people's work.
4. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(b) He copies the work of other students.
(c) He really has no talent as an architect.
(d) He misses too many lectures.
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Mike has great respect for all architects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
2. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)