|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) In her father's office
(b) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(c) At the opening of his latest building
(d) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is romantic and exciting.
(b) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(b) They are both socialists.
(c) They both believe in capitalism.
(d) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) The death of Henry Cameron.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)