|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He misses too many lectures.
(b) He really has no talent as an architect.
(c) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(d) He copies the work of other students.
2. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
3. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) Roark's work is sub-standard.
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against going against public tastes.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against trusting Peter.
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
4. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)