|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
(b) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(c) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(d) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A hotel
(c) A gas station
(d) A house like Heller's
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
4. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She goes to live in the slums.
(b) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
(c) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
(d) She confronts the owners of the slums.
5. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) Roark's work is sub-standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
2. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)