|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(b) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(c) At the opening of his latest building
(d) In her father's office
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(c) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(c) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(d) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(d) He loses the use of his eyes.
5. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(d) He tells Toohey which one is his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
2. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
4. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)