|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
(b) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(c) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(d) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
3. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(b) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(c) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(d) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(c) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(d) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
5. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(d) He fears that Roark might get his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
2. What does Roark do to help Peter?
3. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)