|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark has too many social obligations.
(b) Peter is actually a better architect.
(c) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(d) Peter has better social skills.
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He copies the work of other students.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He really has no talent as an architect.
(d) He misses too many lectures.
3. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
(a) It gets rave reviews from Ellsworth Toohey.
(b) It is either ignored or ridiculed.
(c) Peter Keating wants to design houses just like it.
(d) Everyone now wants houses designed by Roark.
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They devote a full page to his achievements.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
4. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
5. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)