|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(c) By becoming his best friend
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(b) At the opening of his latest building
(c) In her father's office
(d) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(c) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(d) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(d) Peter has better social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
2. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)