|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(d) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(b) Bricks, location, and cost
(c) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(d) Materials, site, and purpose
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(b) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(c) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
(d) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(d) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
5. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)