|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(b) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(c) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(d) He understands that people do not really like him.
2. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(c) He believes he will never be an architect.
(d) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
3. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(b) His alcoholism
(c) His lack of social graces
(d) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(b) To help pass out leaflets
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To his apartment
5. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(b) Materials, site, and purpose
(c) Bricks, location, and cost
(d) Beauty, size, and familiarity
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
5. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)