|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter want Roark to abandon his plan to open his own firm?
(a) Peter really wants to be partners with Roark.
(b) Peter knows that Roark will fail and wants to save him.
(c) Peter thinks Roark will no longer have time to help him with his designs.
(d) Peter knows the value of Roark's work and fears the competition.
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(b) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(c) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(d) He understands that people do not really like him.
3. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To walk in the park
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To help pass out leaflets
(d) To his apartment
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
5. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
2. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
3. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)