|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He loses the use of his eyes.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(d) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
2. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) How to improve his designs
3. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter has better social skills.
(b) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(c) Roark has too many social obligations.
(d) Peter is actually a better architect.
4. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
(a) She interviews people who once lived in the slums.
(b) She has a photographer go and take pictures of the slums.
(c) She goes to live in the slums.
(d) She confronts the owners of the slums.
5. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) His designs are altered by other architects.
(b) No one wants to build his designs.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
3. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
4. What does Roark do to help Peter?
5. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)