|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
4. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(b) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
(c) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(d) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
4. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)