|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(b) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
2. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(b) Materials, site, and purpose
(c) Bricks, location, and cost
(d) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Mike has great respect for all architects.
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates that John Eric Snyte regretted firing Roark?
2. What does Peter learn from Francon?
3. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)