|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
(a) She wanted to break her engagement to Peter.
(b) She wants to warn Peter about Dominique.
(c) She had a sudden fear that something was wrong.
(d) She was overly fond of Peter's mother.
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) He understands that people do not really like him.
(b) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(c) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
(d) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against trusting Peter.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(d) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
5. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(b) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(c) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(d) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)