|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(b) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(b) Peter has nothing better to do.
(c) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(d) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(d) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)