|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(b) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(c) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(d) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) He gets credit for other people's work.
(b) No one wants to build his designs.
(c) His designs are altered by other architects.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) How to become an independent thinker
(b) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(c) The social skills needed for success
(d) How to improve his designs
5. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(d) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
3. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)