|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(b) He has a public reputation for failure.
(c) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(d) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) Roark is insubordinate.
3. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(b) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(c) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
(d) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
4. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
5. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) His designs are altered by other architects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)