|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
2. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(b) How to become an independent thinker
(c) The social skills needed for success
(d) How to improve his designs
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(b) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(c) He believes he will never be an architect.
(d) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(b) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(c) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(d) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
5. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)