|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) Roark is insubordinate.
(c) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(d) Roark's work is sub-standard.
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(b) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(c) Peter has nothing better to do.
(d) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(b) They are both socialists.
(c) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(d) They both believe in capitalism.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) How to improve his designs
(c) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(d) How to become an independent thinker
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)