|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) In her father's office
(b) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(c) At the opening of his latest building
(d) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(d) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
5. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
3. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)