|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) His designs are altered by other architects.
(b) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(c) No one wants to build his designs.
(d) He gets credit for other people's work.
2. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(c) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(d) He believes he will never be an architect.
3. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(b) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(c) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(d) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) The death of Henry Cameron.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
2. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
3. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)