|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He really has no talent as an architect.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) He copies the work of other students.
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
3. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(b) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
(c) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(d) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They devote a full page to his achievements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
3. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)