|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(b) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(c) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
2. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(d) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(b) Bricks, location, and cost
(c) Materials, site, and purpose
(d) Beauty, size, and familiarity
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(b) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(c) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(d) Peter has nothing better to do.
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(b) His alcoholism
(c) His lack of social graces
(d) The structural weaknesses of his designs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
2. What does Peter learn from Francon?
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
4. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)