|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(b) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(c) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) It is romantic and exciting.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(b) His alcoholism
(c) His lack of social graces
(d) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(d) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)