|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He really has no talent as an architect.
(b) He copies the work of other students.
(c) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(d) He misses too many lectures.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(d) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
3. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(b) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(c) He believes he will never be an architect.
(d) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Bricks, location, and cost
(c) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(d) Beauty, size, and familiarity
5. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He loses the use of his eyes.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(d) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)