|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He has a public reputation for failure.
(b) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(c) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(d) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Mike has great respect for all architects.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Bricks, location, and cost
(c) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(d) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
4. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
(a) His mother wants him to accept a scholarship in Paris.
(b) He is torn between his own desires and what others think he should do.
(c) He understands that people do not really like him.
(d) He knows he is a better architect than Roark.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(c) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)