|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
2. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To his apartment
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
5. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(b) He misses too many lectures.
(c) He copies the work of other students.
(d) He really has no talent as an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
2. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)