|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(b) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(c) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
2. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(b) His business is a failure.
(c) He loses the use of his eyes.
(d) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) It is romantic and exciting.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
4. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(b) He believes he will never be an architect.
(c) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(d) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
5. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(b) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(c) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(d) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)