|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By rigging an elevator accident
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That architecture should be about what people want.
(b) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(c) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(d) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They are both socialists.
(b) They both believe in capitalism.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
5. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(c) He believes he will never be an architect.
(d) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)