|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
(b) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(c) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(d) That architecture should be about what people want.
2. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(b) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(c) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(d) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
5. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(b) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(c) By becoming his best friend
(d) By rigging an elevator accident
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
2. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)