|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(b) He copies the work of other students.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) He really has no talent as an architect.
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
3. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(b) That architecture should be about what people want.
(c) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(d) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both believe in capitalism.
(b) They are both socialists.
(c) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(d) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
2. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
3. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
5. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)