|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His alcoholism
(b) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(c) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(d) His lack of social graces
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
3. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
(a) That only brilliant minds can design buildings.
(b) That architecture has nothing to do with culture or the environment.
(c) That architecture should be about what people want.
(d) That buildings should be functional as well as beautiful.
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
3. What does Peter learn from Francon?
4. What does Roark do to help Peter?
5. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)