|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(b) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(c) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(d) He fears that Roark might get his job.
3. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is romantic and exciting.
(b) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(c) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(d) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
4. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
(a) At a rally where Ellsworth Toohey is speaking
(b) At the opening of his latest building
(c) At a party given by Kiki Holcombe
(d) In her father's office
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They devote a full page to his achievements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)