|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) How to become an independent thinker
(b) How to improve his designs
(c) The social skills needed for success
(d) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(b) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(c) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(d) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
(b) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(c) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(d) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) The death of Henry Cameron.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)