|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
(b) By rigging an elevator accident
(c) By becoming his best friend
(d) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(c) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
3. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
(b) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(c) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(d) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(c) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(d) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
4. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
5. What does Roark do to help Peter?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)