|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) His designs are altered by other architects.
(c) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(d) He gets credit for other people's work.
2. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(b) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(c) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
(d) He gives Peter lessons at night.
3. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) Roark is insubordinate.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) Roark's work is sub-standard.
4. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
(c) It is romantic and exciting.
(d) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
5. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
4. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)