|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) Roark is insubordinate.
(c) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(d) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
2. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
(b) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(c) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(d) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
3. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Beauty, size, and familiarity
(c) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(d) Bricks, location, and cost
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(c) By rigging an elevator accident
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
5. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) The social skills needed for success
(b) How to improve his designs
(c) How to become an independent thinker
(d) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
2. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
3. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)