|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
(a) Materials, site, and purpose
(b) Social mobility, fame, and wealth
(c) Bricks, location, and cost
(d) Beauty, size, and familiarity
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. What does Roark do to help Peter?
(a) He introduces Peter to Dominique Francon.
(b) He gives Peter lessons at night.
(c) He starts doing all of Perer's work for him.
(d) He corrects Peter's design for a new building.
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
(a) It is romantic and exciting.
(b) It is to get back at Dominique Francon.
(c) It is his only way to get close to Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) It is lukewarm and emotionless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)