|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(b) His alcoholism
(c) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(d) His lack of social graces
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
3. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He misses too many lectures.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He copies the work of other students.
(d) He really has no talent as an architect.
4. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By becoming his best friend
(b) By rigging an elevator accident
(c) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
5. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
(a) He believes the design should grow out of the purpose for the building.
(b) He thinks buildings should be shocking to the public.
(c) He believes his ideas should come from great architects of the past.
(d) He thinks buildings should not be pleasing to the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
2. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
3. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)