|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(b) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(c) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
2. How does Peter Keating get rid of Claude Stengle?
(a) By convincing Francon that Stengle is stealing clients
(b) By becoming his best friend
(c) By rigging an elevator accident
(d) By claiming that Stengle copies his designs
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(b) His designs are altered by other architects.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) No one wants to build his designs.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
5. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) His business is a failure.
(b) He loses the use of his eyes.
(c) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
(d) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Peter Keating to decide what to do after graduation?
2. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)