Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 8 | Part 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wynand feel the best setting is for Roark?
(a) At an unfinished building site.
(b) In a house like the one he's building for Wynand.
(c) On his yacht.
(d) In a board room.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
(b) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(c) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(d) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
3. Who is the only person to see through Dominique's constant criticism of Roark's work in her column?
(b) Peter Keating
(c) Ellsworth Toohey
4. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He demands that she annul the marriage immediately.
(b) He threatens to tell Peter where she was that night.
(c) He says he will wait for her.
(d) He says he does not want to marry Dominique ever.
5. Why does Wynand drop the gun after contemplating suicide?
(a) He needs to get right with God.
(b) He remembers how he drove other people to suicide.
(c) He has not made arrangements for someone to inherit.
(d) He has no fear of dying but is afraid of living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roark and Dominique meet up at the Holcombe party?
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
3. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)