|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 | Part 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(b) He starts buying Banner stock.
(c) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(d) He tries to bring back Dominique.
2. Why does the Dean consider Roark to be insubordinate?
(a) He fears that Roark might get his job.
(b) He thinks Roark's buildings are unsafe.
(c) Roark prefers swimming to paying attention in class.
(d) Roark refuses to accept only the classical styles that the school teaches.
3. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must look like an Italian palace.
(b) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
(c) It must have at least three floors.
(d) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
4. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
(a) He says that he is not a humanitarian.
(b) He says that he really does not understand architecture.
(c) He says that only he knows how to design buildings.
(d) He says that he is a dangerous man.
5. How is Dominique disappointed in her relationship with Roark?
(a) She feels that he has gained power over her.
(b) She plans to stop seeing him.
(c) She wants to change and be supportive of his work.
(d) She thinks it is too easy to control Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
2. After Sutton hired Roark, he subsequently fired him. What reason did he give Roark?
3. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
4. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
5. When the Heller house is finished, how is it received?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)