Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 | Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
(a) He publishes his book.
(b) He is recommended by Francon.
(c) He offers to work for free.
(d) He threatens to organize a workers' strike.
2. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(b) He believes he will never be an architect.
(c) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
(d) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
3. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) The landlords sell the slums.
(b) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(c) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(d) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
4. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) He does not really like the design.
(b) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(c) People think the contest was rigged.
(d) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
5. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) He makes her want to return to the city.
(b) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
(c) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(d) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dominique get her information to write an article about the slums?
2. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
3. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)