Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 | Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(d) He denies knowing Roark.
2. What is Roark's attitude after being expelled from school?
(a) He believes he will never be an architect.
(b) He thinks being an architect will be more difficult but not impossible.
(c) He thinks he was wrong to criticize the classical style.
(d) He is ashamed of himself for being so stupid.
3. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(b) The death of Henry Cameron.
(c) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(d) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Roark has too many social obligations.
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Why does Katie show up at the apartment of Peter and his mother?
3. What is the real meaning behind Dominique's critique on the Enright house?
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
5. What best describes Peter's proposal to Katie?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)