|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Peter is actually a better architect.
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He copies the work of other students.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He really has no talent as an architect.
(d) He misses too many lectures.
3. Why does Henry Cameron retire?
(a) His business is a failure.
(b) He thinks Roark is taking business from him.
(c) He loses the use of his eyes.
(d) He has enough money to live on for the rest of his life.
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
(b) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(c) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(d) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
5. What was the result of Dominique's articles on the slums?
(a) Waynand refuses to buy the slums.
(b) Dominique gets a new job in slum welfare.
(c) The landlords lower the rent on the slums.
(d) The landlords sell the slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
2. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. What are Roark's criteria for designing a new building?
5. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)