Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To his apartment
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To help pass out leaflets
2. Why is Roark expelled from the Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology?
(a) He copies the work of other students.
(b) His designs do not conform to the classical style.
(c) He misses too many lectures.
(d) He really has no talent as an architect.
3. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(c) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
4. What does Peter learn from Francon?
(a) How to become an independent thinker
(b) How to improve his designs
(c) The need to avoid Ellsworth Toomey
(d) The social skills needed for success
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He has a public reputation for failure.
(b) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(c) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roark do to help Peter?
2. What is the socialist theme of Toomey's book, "Sermons in Stone"?
3. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
4. What is Roark's philosophy about designing a building?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)