|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
(a) The city courthouse.
(b) An addition to the Wynand house.
(c) The Wynand Building in Hell's Kitchen.
(d) A vacation house in the Bahamas.
2. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(b) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
(c) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(d) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter has nothing better to do.
(b) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
4. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is more powerful than he is.
(c) She agreed to marry him.
(d) He does not know how.
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(b) He has a public reputation for failure.
(c) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
2. How does Dominique continue to punish herself?
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
5. How does Roark define "selflessness"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)