|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Roark place on doing the Cortlandt Homes design?
(a) Nothing can be changed on it.
(b) No one can see the designs until the project is finished.
(c) Peter will have to oversee the construction personally.
(d) Toohey must agree to Roark's involvement.
2. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(b) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(c) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(d) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
3. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
(b) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(c) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(d) He shows her his private art gallery.
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
5. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(b) It must have at least three floors.
(c) It must look like an Italian palace.
(d) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. How does Roark define "selflessness"?
5. How did the "Banner" review of the play "No Skin Off Your Nose" affect its success?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)