|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(b) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(c) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(d) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
2. What sin does Peter confess after seeing Katie again?
(a) Leading her on when he never intended to marry her.
(b) Not marrying her when he wanted to.
(c) Not marrying her after sleeping with her.
(d) Not taking his mother's advice to marry Katie.
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
4. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He destroys the new fireplace.
(b) He tells her who he really is.
(c) He takes her by force.
(d) He refuses to make love to her.
5. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(b) He denies knowing Roark.
(c) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(d) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
3. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)