|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
3. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(b) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(c) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(d) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(b) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(c) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
(d) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
5. What is the next project Wynand wants Roark to take on?
(a) A vacation house in the Bahamas.
(b) An addition to the Wynand house.
(c) The city courthouse.
(d) The Wynand Building in Hell's Kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dominique spend her wedding night?
2. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. What does Dominique think her private relationship with Roark gives her when they meet in public?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)