|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
(a) They think it is a new religion.
(b) They call it blasphemy.
(c) They praise its originality.
(d) They like the building but hate the statue.
2. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(b) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
(c) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(d) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
3. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
(b) He elopes with Dominique.
(c) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(d) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
4. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He tells her who he really is.
(b) He takes her by force.
(c) He refuses to make love to her.
(d) He destroys the new fireplace.
5. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To his apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
2. How does Toohey get offered a job as a Banner columnist?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. After Dominique returns from Reno, where are she and Wynand married?
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)