|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both believe in capitalism.
(b) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(c) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(d) They are both socialists.
2. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It has obscene carvings on it.
(c) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(d) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
4. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
5. After looking at the Cortlandt Homes designs, who recognizes immediately that they were drawn by Roark?
(a) Mallory and Enright
(b) Francon and Katie
(c) Wynand and Dominique
(d) Toohey and Scarret
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
2. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
3. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
4. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
5. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)