|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Katie living now?
(a) With Toohey.
(d) Cortlandt Homes.
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(b) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(c) They are both socialists.
(d) They both believe in capitalism.
3. Why does Wynand go often to the building site where Roark is working?
(a) He finds real peace when he goes there.
(b) He want to make sure Roark is following orders.
(c) He wants to reassure himself that he made the right choice.
(d) He cannot remember from day to day what it looks like.
4. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
(a) He only attends parties of popular students.
(b) He sprays water on Johnny Stokes' new suit.
(c) He took candy to do other students' homework.
(d) He makes fun of his parents.
5. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
(b) It is torn down and rebuilt.
(c) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(d) It is hidden by vines and trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
2. What in the relationship between Roark and Wynand is distressing to Dominique?
3. Why does Wynand say he will not destroy Dominique?
4. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
5. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)