|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) The death of Henry Cameron.
(b) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(c) When Peter secretly put up the money.
(d) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
2. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(c) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(d) He denies knowing Roark.
3. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
(a) He is secretly supporting the opposition to Wynand.
(b) He encourages Wynand to go on a long honeymoon.
(c) He tries to bring back Dominique.
(d) He starts buying Banner stock.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(b) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
5. How does Roark define "selflessness"?
(a) As something that will destroy the world.
(b) As a way to promote independence.
(c) As thinking for oneself.
(d) As the greatest thing someone can do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
2. What does Toohey say about himself that other people think he is joking about?
3. Where is Katie living now?
4. What happens when a "Banner" reporter interviews Dominique?
5. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)