|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
(a) He goes to prison for twenty years.
(b) He skips out on his bail.
(c) He is sentenced to die.
(d) He receives a suspended sentence.
2. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(b) She is unhappy doing social work.
(c) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(d) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
3. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
(a) They think it is a new religion.
(b) They like the building but hate the statue.
(c) They call it blasphemy.
(d) They praise its originality.
4. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(c) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(d) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
5. What is the main feature of Roark's design for Monadnock Vacation village?
(a) A central shopping area.
(b) Privacy and uniqueness.
(c) Clusters of closely situated houses.
(d) Large houses with open spaces around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
2. Why is Dominique jealous after the house is built?
3. How does Dominique discover that Roark will be the architect for her new house?
4. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)