|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Wynand actually does love Dominique, what is more important to him in their relationship?
(a) The fact that he owns her.
(b) That she is so influential in society.
(c) That she is so different from him.
(d) That their marriage is romantic.
2. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(b) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
(c) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(d) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(b) He has a public reputation for failure.
(c) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(d) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
4. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He says he does not want to marry Dominique ever.
(b) He threatens to tell Peter where she was that night.
(c) He says he will wait for her.
(d) He demands that she annul the marriage immediately.
5. What sin does Peter confess after seeing Katie again?
(a) Not marrying her when he wanted to.
(b) Leading her on when he never intended to marry her.
(c) Not taking his mother's advice to marry Katie.
(d) Not marrying her after sleeping with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
2. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
3. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
4. What gives evidence that Toohey intends to take over the "Banner"?
5. What horrifies Dominique a month after the Wynand house is finished?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)