|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10 | Part 4, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against trusting Peter.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
2. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He takes her by force.
(b) He destroys the new fireplace.
(c) He tells her who he really is.
(d) He refuses to make love to her.
3. Peter gets the design for "The March of the Centuries" exposition at the World's Fair. Why did Roark turn it down?
(a) It was too much for one man to do.
(b) He would have to work with other architects.
(c) It was all donated time without any payment.
(d) He did not like the idea of a World's Fair.
4. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
(a) He elopes with Dominique.
(b) He regrets not being honest with Katie.
(c) Toohey locks Katie in her room to stop the wedding.
(d) Peter's mother talks him out of the marriage.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
2. What event in Toohey's childhood marks the beginning of his conflict with the bright and the beautiful?
3. What in the relationship between Roark and Wynand is distressing to Dominique?
4. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
5. What is Roark's reaction to Peter's request that he design the Cortlandt Homes project for low rent housing?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)