|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against marrying Dominique.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
3. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(b) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(c) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(d) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
5. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They are both socialists.
(b) They both believe in capitalism.
(c) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(d) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
4. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)