|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(b) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(c) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(d) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It has obscene carvings on it.
(b) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(c) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(d) It is ugly.
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) An office building
(c) A hotel
(d) A gas station
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) His lack of social graces
(b) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(c) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(d) His alcoholism
5. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To his apartment
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)