|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
2. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against marrying Dominique.
4. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(c) To walk in the park
(d) To his apartment
5. How does Dominique contrive to get Roark to her father's house in Connecticut?
(a) She fakes falling off her horse near the quarry.
(b) She damages the fireplace in her bedroom and asks him to repair it.
(c) She invites him to a candlelight dinner.
(d) She threatens to have him fired from the quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
2. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
4. Why does Roark return to New York?
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)