|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
2. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
(a) To help pass out leaflets
(b) To his apartment
(c) To hear a speech by Ellsworth Toohey
(d) To walk in the park
3. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
4. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(b) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(c) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(d) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(b) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(c) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(d) He has a public reputation for failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)