|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(b) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(c) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(d) That Katie will not marry him after that.
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(d) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
4. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He gets credit for other people's work.
(c) His designs are altered by other architects.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
(a) Snyte offering him a full partnership.
(b) Heller's check written out to Howard Roark, Architect.
(c) The death of Henry Cameron.
(d) When Peter secretly put up the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
3. Why does Roark return to New York?
4. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)