|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
(a) He takes her by force.
(b) He tells her who he really is.
(c) He refuses to make love to her.
(d) He destroys the new fireplace.
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A gas station
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) A hotel
3. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
4. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(c) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(d) It has obscene carvings on it.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
3. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)