|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
(a) He thinks he can intimidate Roark.
(b) Roark was the top student at Architectural School of the Stanton Institute of Technology.
(c) Roark agrees that he has a lot to learn.
(d) Roark will bring public acceptance to Cameron's firm.
2. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(b) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(c) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
3. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(b) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(c) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(d) Peter has nothing better to do.
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) An office building
(c) A hotel
(d) A gas station
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(b) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(c) His alcoholism
(d) His lack of social graces
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
4. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)