|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(b) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
(c) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(d) Peter has nothing better to do.
2. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against trusting Peter.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(b) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(c) It has obscene carvings on it.
(d) It is ugly.
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He has a public reputation for failure.
(b) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(c) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(d) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
5. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(b) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(c) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(d) Roark is insubordinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter feels the stress of the strike, where does he go with Katie?
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
3. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
4. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
5. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)