|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(c) It has obscene carvings on it.
(d) Roark sends another workman to install it.
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(b) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(c) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(d) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
5. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) No one wants to build his designs.
(b) He gets credit for other people's work.
(c) His designs are altered by other architects.
(d) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
3. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)