|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He has a public reputation for failure.
(b) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(c) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against marrying Dominique.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
5. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(b) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(c) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
(d) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
2. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)