|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
3. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) Roark sends another workman to install it.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It has obscene carvings on it.
(d) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
4. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(b) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
5. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(b) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(c) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
(d) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
4. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
5. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)