|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(b) His designs are altered by other architects.
(c) He gets credit for other people's work.
(d) No one wants to build his designs.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
3. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(b) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(c) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(d) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
4. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
5. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It has obscene carvings on it.
(b) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) Roark sends another workman to install it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
5. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)