|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(b) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(c) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
(d) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(b) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(c) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
5. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
(a) He dislikes designing modern style buildings.
(b) He gets credit for other people's work.
(c) No one wants to build his designs.
(d) His designs are altered by other architects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
2. Where does Peter finally get to meet Dominique?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
5. What happens when Roark shows up uninvited at Dominique's door?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)