|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
2. When Peter hears that Toohey has been shot, what is his first concern?
(a) That Toohey will think Peter was the one who tried to kill him.
(b) That Katie will not marry him after that.
(c) That Roark finally snapped after Toohey's attacks on his buildings.
(d) That Toohey's favorable article about him might not get published.
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A house like Heller's
(c) A gas station
(d) A hotel
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(d) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
2. Why does Roark return to New York?
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
5. Who takes a shot at Ellsworth Toohey?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)