|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark is insubordinate.
(b) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(c) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
2. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
(a) The Columbian Exposition of Chicago
(b) His alcoholism
(c) The structural weaknesses of his designs
(d) His lack of social graces
3. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(d) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(d) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
5. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
2. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
4. Why does Cameron eventually hire Roark?
5. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)