|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(b) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(c) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(d) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(b) Roark is insubordinate.
(c) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against going against public tastes.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter has better social skills.
(d) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
5. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the firm of John Eric Snyte, what type of building design is assigned to Roark?
2. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)