|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against trusting Peter.
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) A gas station
(c) An office building
(d) A hotel
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
4. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
(a) It does not blend in with the architecture of the house.
(b) It has obscene carvings on it.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) Roark sends another workman to install it.
5. Why does Peter Keating offer to do Davis' work after hours?
(a) Peter has nothing better to do.
(b) It gives him a chance to learn more about design.
(c) It is his plan to replace Davis as chief draftsman.
(d) Peter is always thinking of others more than himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marked the beginning of Roark's own architecture firm?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
4. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
5. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)