|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2 | Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(d) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
2. Why does Cameron fire Roark?
(a) He believes that working for him will harm Roark's career.
(b) Roark's work is sub-standard.
(c) Roark is insubordinate.
(d) The other draftsmen do not like Roark.
3. Why does Roark return to New York?
(a) Roark fears Dominique may charge him with rape.
(b) The quarry runs out of usable stone.
(c) Roger Enright wants him to design his new house.
(d) Roark and Mike have a disagreement over Dominique.
4. What is the unexpected coincidence involving Katie Halsey?
(a) She accidentally runs into Peter at the museum.
(b) She happens to be the niece of Ellsworth Toomey.
(c) She is good friends with Dominique Francon.
(d) She moves from Boston to New York to be with Peter.
5. Why is Roark fired from the Snyte firm?
(a) He refused to work with Austen Heller.
(b) Roark's design for the Heller house was defective.
(c) Austen Heller refused to allow Roark to design his house.
(d) He removed the work other architects added to his design for Austen Heller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually does the designs for Francon and Heyer?
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
3. Why is Roark dissatisfied at the Snyte firm?
4. What brings about the downfall of Henry Cameron?
5. What infuriates Dominique about the replacement fireplace?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)