|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He shows her his private art gallery.
(b) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(c) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(d) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
2. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
(a) To live in luxury is the meaning of life.
(b) It is impossible to be happy in life.
(c) To be charitable is to change the world.
(d) To love equally all people is to hate mankind.
3. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(b) He is finally happy with his life.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They are both socialists.
(b) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(c) They both believe in capitalism.
(d) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
5. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(b) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
5. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)