|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I like to be married.
(b) It means I can do as I please.
(c) It means I do own a yacht.
(d) It means I do run things.
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(b) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(c) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(d) Wynand fires her.
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(b) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(c) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(d) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
5. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(c) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(d) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
4. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)