|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(b) They both believe in capitalism.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They are both socialists.
2. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(b) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(c) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(d) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
4. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter has better social skills.
(b) Peter is actually a better architect.
(c) Roark has too many social obligations.
(d) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
5. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(b) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(c) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
2. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
3. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
5. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)