|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He denies knowing Roark.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(d) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both believe in capitalism.
(b) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(c) They are both socialists.
(d) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
3. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(d) Peter has better social skills.
4. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do run things.
(b) It means I like to be married.
(c) It means I can do as I please.
(d) It means I do own a yacht.
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They devote a full page to his achievements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
4. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
5. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)