|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Wynand fires her.
(b) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(c) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(d) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
2. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(b) She is unhappy doing social work.
(c) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(d) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
4. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
(a) Dominique must stay married to Peter.
(b) Dominique must go alone with Wynand on a cruise.
(c) Peter must hire Mallory to do some sculptures.
(d) Peter must tell Francon he is using Dominique to get the job.
5. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(b) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(c) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
2. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)