|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(c) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(d) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
2. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
(a) They think it is a new religion.
(b) They praise its originality.
(c) They like the building but hate the statue.
(d) They call it blasphemy.
3. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A hotel
(b) A gas station
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) An office building
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(b) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
2. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
4. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)