|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) A hotel
(c) An office building
(d) A gas station
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
3. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
(b) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(c) He denies knowing Roark.
(d) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
4. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(b) She is unhappy doing social work.
(c) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(d) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
3. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
4. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
5. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)