|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
(b) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(c) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(d) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
2. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I like to be married.
(b) It means I do own a yacht.
(c) It means I do run things.
(d) It means I can do as I please.
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(b) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(c) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(d) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(b) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(c) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(d) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
5. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(b) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(c) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(d) He tells Toohey which one is his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
2. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
5. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)