|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against trusting Peter.
(b) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(c) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(d) He warns against going against public tastes.
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
3. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(b) They are both socialists.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They both believe in capitalism.
4. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I like to be married.
(b) It means I can do as I please.
(c) It means I do own a yacht.
(d) It means I do run things.
5. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is finally happy with his life.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
(d) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
2. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
3. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
4. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
5. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)