|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(b) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(c) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(d) Wynand fires her.
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She is unhappy doing social work.
(b) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(c) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(d) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
4. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
(b) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(c) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(d) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
5. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(b) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(c) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(d) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
3. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
5. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)