|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
(a) He thinks Enright will reward Roark.
(b) He thinks it is Roark's greatest work.
(c) He thinks it does not look like a building.
(d) He thinks his next house will look like that.
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(b) Roark has too many social obligations.
(c) Peter is actually a better architect.
(d) Peter has better social skills.
3. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
(a) He tells Toohey to mind his own business.
(b) He denies knowing Roark.
(c) He tells him that Roark was kicked out of school.
(d) He says that Roark helps him with many of his designs.
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(b) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(c) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(d) He has a public reputation for failure.
5. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(b) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(c) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
(d) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
5. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)