|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(d) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
2. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I like to be married.
(b) It means I can do as I please.
(c) It means I do own a yacht.
(d) It means I do run things.
3. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
(a) Lucius Heyer refuses to retire.
(b) Katie threatens to tell Dominique that she is engaged to Peter.
(c) Heyer prefers one of the other draftsmen.
(d) Francon wants Perer to marry Dominique first.
4. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Wynand fires her.
(b) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(c) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(d) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
5. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(b) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(c) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
(d) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
4. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
5. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)