|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(b) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(c) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(d) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
2. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(d) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
3. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(b) She is unhappy doing social work.
(c) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(d) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A hotel
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) A gas station
5. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
4. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
5. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)