|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
(c) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(d) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
2. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
(a) They both predict radical changes in how buildings are built.
(b) They both believe in capitalism.
(c) They both see architecture as having certain bounds and limitations.
(d) They are both socialists.
3. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
(a) To love equally all people is to hate mankind.
(b) To be charitable is to change the world.
(c) To live in luxury is the meaning of life.
(d) It is impossible to be happy in life.
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
(b) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
5. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
(a) They like the building but hate the statue.
(b) They think it is a new religion.
(c) They praise its originality.
(d) They call it blasphemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
2. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
3. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)