|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(b) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(c) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(d) She is unhappy doing social work.
2. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
(a) He thinks Enright will reward Roark.
(b) He thinks it does not look like a building.
(c) He thinks his next house will look like that.
(d) He thinks it is Roark's greatest work.
3. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(c) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(d) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
5. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(b) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(c) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
(d) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
2. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)