|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
(b) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) His performance at school was too exceptional.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(b) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
3. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do own a yacht.
(b) It means I do run things.
(c) It means I can do as I please.
(d) It means I like to be married.
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) An office building
(b) A hotel
(c) A house like Heller's
(d) A gas station
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(b) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(c) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(d) She is unhappy doing social work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
3. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
5. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)