|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(c) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(d) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
2. What is the chief reaction of the public to Stoddard's temple?
(a) They call it blasphemy.
(b) They praise its originality.
(c) They think it is a new religion.
(d) They like the building but hate the statue.
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(b) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(c) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
(d) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
4. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
(c) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(d) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
5. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He tells Toohey which one is his.
(d) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Peter's becoming a full partner with Francon?
2. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
3. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)