|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
(b) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(c) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(d) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
3. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(b) Wynand fires her.
(c) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(d) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
4. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
(a) He asks Dominique to give him her suggestions.
(b) He takes it to Roark for improvement.
(c) He reminds the Stanton professor that he graduated from there.
(d) He tells Toohey which one is his.
5. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against going against public tastes.
(c) He warns against trusting Peter.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
2. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
3. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
5. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)