|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Peter is actually a better architect.
(b) Peter has better social skills.
(c) Roark has too many social obligations.
(d) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
2. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
(a) That Peter does not understand Lois Cook.
(b) That Peter rejects Katie for Lois Cook.
(c) That Lois Cook decides to take her job to Roark.
(d) That Peter turns down designing Lois Cook's house.
3. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
(a) His performance at school was too exceptional.
(b) He is supported by Gordon Prescott, a hated journalist.
(c) He has a public reputation for failure.
(d) He is seen as a lacky for Francon and Heyer.
4. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
(b) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
(c) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(d) It is just another accomplishment for her.
5. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against marrying Dominique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
3. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
4. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)