|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(b) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(c) Wynand fires her.
(d) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
2. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against going against public tastes.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
3. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
(a) Roark's fancy office makes people think he is too expensive.
(b) Peter has better social skills.
(c) Peter is actually a better architect.
(d) Roark has too many social obligations.
4. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(b) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(c) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(b) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(c) She is unhappy doing social work.
(d) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
2. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
3. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
4. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
5. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)