|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
(a) A house like Heller's
(b) A gas station
(c) An office building
(d) A hotel
2. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
(a) Peter must tell Francon he is using Dominique to get the job.
(b) Dominique must stay married to Peter.
(c) Peter must hire Mallory to do some sculptures.
(d) Dominique must go alone with Wynand on a cruise.
3. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He shows her his private art gallery.
(b) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(c) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(d) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
4. How do the newspapers treat Henry Cameron's retirement?
(a) They make no mention of his retirement at all.
(b) They honor him as the premiere architect of all time.
(c) They devote a full page to his achievements.
(d) They give it little space and misspell the names of his buildings.
5. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(c) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
2. Who finally tells Gail Wynand the name of the sculptor who did the statue Toohey gave him?
3. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
4. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
5. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)