|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conflict between Francon and Gail Wynand?
(a) Wynand thinks Francon is going to take over his newspaper.
(b) Francon is jealous of Wynand's privileged upbringing.
(c) Wynand wants to marry Francon's daughter.
(d) They compete for the affections of Lili Landau.
2. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
(c) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(d) Mallory has not finished the stature.
3. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
(a) It means I do own a yacht.
(b) It means I can do as I please.
(c) It means I do run things.
(d) It means I like to be married.
4. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(b) Wynand fires her.
(c) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(d) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
5. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
(a) She sees that Wynand has more money than Peter.
(b) It is just another accomplishment for her.
(c) It is another means for her own self-punishment.
(d) She thinks it is another way to destroy Roark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the sculptor Mallory?
2. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
3. What does Peter do with his "world's most beautiful building" contest design?
4. What does Peter tell Toohey about Roark.
5. In what way is Peter Keating better equipped for getting new commissions than Roark?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)