|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francon contact Roark on the design of a new building?
(a) Francon secretly admires Roark's independent ideas.
(b) Peter is out of town and does not want the job.
(c) Francon knows Roark will compromise with his ideas of classicism.
(d) The client rejected all of the designs Francon presented to them.
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Wynand fires her.
(b) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
(c) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(d) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
3. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is finally happy with his life.
(c) He is afraid that Katie will reject him.
(d) He is angry with himself for testifying in Roark's favor.
4. What is Lois Cook's criteria for her new house?
(a) It must have at least three floors.
(b) It must be the most beautiful house in New York.
(c) It must be ugly and defy popular ideas of beauty.
(d) It must look like an Italian palace.
5. Why is the opening of the temple canceled?
(a) Toohey is not ready to destroy Roark.
(b) It is postponed because there needs to be more publicity.
(c) Mallory has not finished the stature.
(d) Stoddard is horrified at the design.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
2. What motivates Dominique to accept Wynand's marriage proposal?
3. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
4. Why does Roark find himself unable to get a job?
5. What is the condition for Peter's getting the Stoneridge Homes project?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)