|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Sanford house after it was completed?
(a) It got high praise from the Architect's Guild of America.
(b) Mrs. Sanford refused to live in it.
(c) It became the standard for all other new homes.
(d) Mrs. Sanford changed it to look like other houses.
2. Although Stoddard wins the lawsuit against Roark, what happens to Dominique?
(a) Toohey offers her a job as his researcher.
(b) Wynand promotes her to assistant editor.
(c) Wynand fires her.
(d) She gets a bonus for testifying against Roark.
3. Why does Dominique agree to testify against Roark when he is sued by Stoddard?
(a) She wants the publicity as the model for Mallory's statue.
(b) She thinks this will finally give her the upper hand in their relationship.
(c) She is blackmailed to do so by Toohey.
(d) She secretly wants to protect him from the pain of rejection.
4. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(b) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
(c) He shows her his private art gallery.
(d) He buys her a diamond necklace.
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(b) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(c) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
(d) She is unhappy doing social work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion do Dominique and Wynand agree on?
2. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
3. What is Peter's condition when he visits Katie and insists they marry the following day?
4. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
5. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)