|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 | Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special honor does Wynand give to Dominique?
(a) He buys her a diamond necklace.
(b) He shows her his private art gallery.
(c) He makes her his personal assistant at the newspaper.
(d) He puts her statue in the lobby of the Banner.
2. Why do Roark and the electrician, Mike, become great friends?
(a) Mike has great respect for all architects.
(b) Mike sees Roark get his hands dirty on a building site.
(c) Both men hate Henry Cameron.
(d) Roark thinks Mike can help him with his designs.
3. Before his death, what warning does Cameron give Roark?
(a) He warns against marrying Dominique.
(b) He warns against trusting Peter.
(c) He warns against going against public tastes.
(d) He warns against the power of Wynand's newspaper.
4. What does Peter think of Roark's design for the Enright house?
(a) He thinks his next house will look like that.
(b) He thinks it is Roark's greatest work.
(c) He thinks it does not look like a building.
(d) He thinks Enright will reward Roark.
5. What indicates that Katie is disillusioned with "selflessness"?
(a) She is unhappy doing social work.
(b) She thinks her work is why Peter has not married her yet.
(c) She wants to be more like her uncle and give speeches.
(d) She only does social work because she fears Ellsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Toohey think was a "cosmic joke?"
2. When Peter suspects a man has changed Dominique, what does she tell him?
3. What is the meaning of the name of Wynand's yacht, the "I do"?
4. Francon and Toomey agree about architecture for what reason?
5. What does Jimmy Gowans want Roark to design and build for him?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)