|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 6 | Part 4, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It helps build up his body.
(c) It is exhausting.
(d) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
2. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(b) He makes her want to return to the city.
(c) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
(d) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
3. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
(a) He turns it over to his draftsman.
(b) Once again, he goes to Roark.
(c) He gives up.
(d) He desides to get Toohey's help.
4. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) It is hidden by vines and trees.
(b) It is torn down and rebuilt.
(c) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(d) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
5. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(b) He does not really like the design.
(c) People think the contest was rigged.
(d) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
2. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
3. Why has Toohey orchestrated attacks on the "Banner"?
4. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
5. How is it clear that Peter knows Dominique is in love with another man?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)