|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 6 | Part 4, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(b) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(c) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(d) He gets a job at the bank.
2. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
(b) It is torn down and rebuilt.
(c) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(d) It is hidden by vines and trees.
3. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) People think the contest was rigged.
(b) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(c) He does not really like the design.
(d) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
4. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
(a) He gives up.
(b) He desides to get Toohey's help.
(c) He turns it over to his draftsman.
(d) Once again, he goes to Roark.
5. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
(a) On a deserted island.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) In service to others.
(d) In political activism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
2. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
3. What event prevents Peter from marrying Katie?
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
5. Why has Toohey orchestrated attacks on the "Banner"?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)