|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 6 | Part 4, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
(a) Peter not only becomes a partner, he inherits Heyer's fortune.
(b) Francon decides he does not need a partner after all.
(c) Peter decides to use his wealth to open his own firm.
(d) A clause in Heyer's will lets Peter inherit only if he does not become a partner.
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) People think the contest was rigged.
(b) He does not really like the design.
(c) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(d) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
3. How does Dominique react when Toohey accuses her of being in love with Roark?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She tells him to mind his own business.
(c) She does not react.
(d) She is insensed.
4. Where does Dominique spend her wedding night?
(a) With Roark.
(b) In Connecticut.
(c) In Peter's apartment.
(d) In the Aquitania Hotel.
5. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
(a) He plays up his friendship with the old man.
(b) He confronts him with a shady business deal Heyer once made.
(c) He informs Francon that Heyer is embezzling from the company.
(d) He puts medication in Heyer's coffee that causes him to have a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
2. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
3. How is it clear that Peter knows Dominique is in love with another man?
4. What does Peter do when he cannot figure out how to design the Cortlandt Homes project?
5. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)