|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 6 | Part 4, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to get work as an architect, what does Roark do to earn a living?
(a) He decides to marry a wealthy widow.
(b) He goes to work for Mike in a quarry.
(c) He takes a job as a short order cook.
(d) He gets a job at the bank.
2. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
(a) People think the contest was rigged.
(b) Roark demands money from Peter for the work he did.
(c) He knows that it was Roark's work that helped him win.
(d) He does not really like the design.
3. How does Dominique feel about Roark in Connecticut?
(a) She thinks he is conceited because of his muscular body.
(b) She thinks that letting him stare at her gives her power over him.
(c) He makes her want to return to the city.
(d) She is both attracted to him and repelled by him.
4. What happens to the temple that is now a home for "subnormal children"?
(a) It is left just the way Roark designed it.
(b) It is torn down and rebuilt.
(c) Many architects make additions and changes to it.
(d) It is hidden by vines and trees.
5. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
(a) He demands that she annul the marriage immediately.
(b) He says he will wait for her.
(c) He threatens to tell Peter where she was that night.
(d) He says he does not want to marry Dominique ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
2. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
3. Where does Dominique spend her wedding night?
4. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
5. What brings about the downfall of Peter Keating's business?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)