|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 6 | Part 4, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Heyer's death?
(a) Peter decides to use his wealth to open his own firm.
(b) Francon decides he does not need a partner after all.
(c) A clause in Heyer's will lets Peter inherit only if he does not become a partner.
(d) Peter not only becomes a partner, he inherits Heyer's fortune.
2. How is it clear that Peter knows Dominique is in love with another man?
(a) He asks her who it is.
(b) She refuses to move into his apartment.
(c) She refuses to sleep with him.
(d) He accuses her of loving Howard Roark.
3. Why has Toohey orchestrated attacks on the "Banner"?
(a) He knows opposition sells papers.
(b) It is part of his plan to take it over.
(c) He is getting back at Wynand for marrying Dominique.
(d) It is just a joke he is playing.
4. What comment does Roark make to Dominique about his work in the Quarry?
(a) It is exhausting.
(b) It is the only thing he knows how to do.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It helps build up his body.
5. Where does Toohey insist that true freedom is found?
(a) In service to others.
(b) In political activism.
(c) On a mountaintop.
(d) On a deserted island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominique offers to have her marriage to Peter annulled, what is Roark's reaction?
2. Peter returns to his first love. What is that?
3. What spoils Peter's joy at winning the "most beautiful building" contest?
4. How does Peter go about getting rid of Heyer?
5. Why does Toohey tell a policeman to arrest him?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)