|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin leave George Washington in his will?
(a) His newspaper.
(b) A crab-tree walking stick.
(c) A beloved dog.
(d) Over one million dollars.
2. What acts are considered to be the worst blunders of the John Adams presidency?
(a) Peace with France.
(b) His friendship with Thomas Jefferson.
(c) His alteration of the calendar.
(d) The Alien and Sedition Acts.
3. How did John and Abigail Adams stay in touch while he was in Philadelphia?
(a) They spoke on the telephone daily.
(b) They wrote each other letters two or three times per week..
(c) They exchanged e-mails.
(d) John went home for the weekends.
4. Who urged General Washington to free all the slaves at the end of the Revolutionary War?
(c) The State of Georgia.
5. Who did some people think actually authored the letter without input from George Washington?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Sally Hemings.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the change in Jefferson's attitude towards George Washington?
2. Where was John Adams born?
3. What office did John Adams have in George Washington's Presidency?
4. Which state, at the time of the debate, had the largest slave population?
5. How many years did George Washington lead the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Madison and Hamilton play in their contributions to the Washington Farewell Address?
2. Describe the change in Jefferson's attitude towards Washington that began with the Whiskey Rebellion.
3. How did these debates contribute to the knowledge of this issue in our country?
4. Why was Jefferson so enamored with the French Revolution?
5. Why did Adams suggest that the President be referred to as "His Majesty"?
6. What was the main difference between the Jefferson/Adams friendship and the Jefferson/Madison friendship?
7. Why were John Adams and Thomas Jefferson at the top of everyone's list as possible replacements for Washington as President?
8. Why was the marriage between John and Abigail Adams so unusual?
9. What was the difference in the way Washington and Jefferson defined the role of America in the affairs of other countries?
10. How did George Washington behave with regard to slavery?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)