|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positions had Alexander Hamilton held in the US government?
(a) Secretaries of Education and Homeland Security.
(b) Vice President and White House Presss Secretary.
(c) Vice President and Secretary of State.
(d) Washington's Chief of Staff and Secretary of the Treasury.
2. When did Hamilton die?
(b) Two weeks later, July 25, 1804.
(c) A year later, in a boating accident.
(d) The next day, July 12, 1804.
3. What was the name of Hamilton's new country house?
(a) The Grange.
(c) Mt. Vernon.
(d) Hearst Castle.
4. What was Aaron Burr's official title in the USA government?
(a) Vice President.
(c) Commander in Chief of the Army.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
5. In what city did this dinner take place?
(a) New York City.
(b) Seattle, WA.
(c) Atlanta, GA.
(d) Boston, MA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main item on the agenda for the dinner?
2. What did John Adams ask his wife to save for history?
3. What was the total amount of debt the United States was facing in 1790?
4. How many contributions did Hamilton make to The Federalist Papers?
5. What is the Code Duello?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was this time--the decades immediately following America's independence from England--so vital?
2. How does the author differ from Lincoln's statement that America was founded on a proposition written by Jefferson in 1776?
3. Describe Thomas Jefferson's style of diplomacy.
4. Why was it so important that Hamilton and Madison meet away from the public eye?
5. What is different about the generation of leaders and their methods of communicating and the present day methods?
6. Why was Virginia so important to the decisions of this time?
7. Why do you think the author named the Preface "The Generation"?
8. Why do you think Jefferson was the ideal moderator for this discussion?
9. What was the importance of the 1800 Presidential election?
10. Why do you think such prominent men chose a duel to resolve their differences? Did it work?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)