Short Answer Key
1. What did John Adams ask his wife to save for history?
All of his letters.
2. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
Britain continuing to rule over North America.
3. What form of government was initiated by the American Revolution?
Representative government based popular sovreignty and some form of market economy fueled by the energies of individual citizens.
4. Who makes history?
5. What danger awaited the main participants in the American Revolution?
6. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
Suddenly rather than gradually.
7. What country did America look to for guidance on how to create their new republic?
None - the American revolution was the first.
8. What country is the oldest enduring republic in world history?
United States of America.
9. According to...
This section contains 2,774 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)