|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters were exchanged between Jefferson and Adams in their retirement?
2. How did critics of the Constitution see that document?
(a) As a starting point for further amendments.
(b) As a poorly written document with considerable grammatical errors.
(c) As a betrayal of the core concepts of the American Revolution.
(d) As a shining beacon of the principals fought for in the Revolution.
3. What political parties existed for the nation?
(a) Federalists and Republicans.
(b) Whigs and Tories.
(c) Green and Indpendent.
(d) Democrats and Republicans.
4. How many residents of the new republic were slaves?
(b) Three million.
(d) Nearly 700,000.
5. What was the nickname given to John Adams in the Constitutional Congress?
(a) The Ace of the Country.
(b) The Little Emperor.
(c) The Atlas of Independence.
(d) The Little General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the core principals of the Articles of Confederation?
2. What was Washington's key military tactic in the Revolutionary War?
3. What were the Mecklenburg Papers?
4. What was the subject of the petitions to the House of Representatives that caused so much controversy on February 11, 1790?
5. How many contributions did Hamilton make to The Federalist Papers?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)