|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered to be the main asset the new republic possessed?
(a) British stocks and bonds.
(b) Good intentions.
(c) Vast continent of North America, with all its resources.
(d) Gold mine in Pennsylvania.
2. Who collaborated with George Washington on his Farewell Address?
(a) Abigail Adams and Martha Washington.
(b) Alexander Hamilton and James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr.
(d) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.
3. How many colonies were present at the birth of the new nation of the United States?
4. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
(a) Britain continuing to rule over North America.
(b) Britian continuing to rule over India.
(c) Madascar ruling Africa.
(d) Hawaii ruling California.
5. How did John and Abigail Adams stay in touch while he was in Philadelphia?
(a) They wrote each other letters two or three times per week..
(b) John went home for the weekends.
(c) They exchanged e-mails.
(d) They spoke on the telephone daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Jay's Treaty was not popular, what was the main reason it passed into acceptance?
2. Who was elected to be the third President of the United States?
3. What does the author compare this "Compromise of 1790" to?
4. What, in the author's opinion, is the main mystery about the duel?
5. What was one of the concerns shared by pro-slavery and abolitionist factions?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)