|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collaborated with George Washington on his Farewell Address?
(a) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.
(b) Abigail Adams and Martha Washington.
(c) Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr.
(d) Alexander Hamilton and James Madison.
2. What was the House's vote on referring the petition to a committee?
(b) 43 - 11.
3. How did John and Abigail Adams stay in touch while he was in Philadelphia?
(a) They spoke on the telephone daily.
(b) They exchanged e-mails.
(c) They wrote each other letters two or three times per week..
(d) John went home for the weekends.
4. What form of government was initiated by the American Revolution?
(a) Feudal system governed by kings, queens and lords.
(c) Marxist and socialist.
(d) Representative government based popular sovreignty and some form of market economy fueled by the energies of individual citizens.
5. Why did the framers of the Constitution avoid the issue of slavery?
(a) None of the framers brought the issue to the attention of the others.
(b) They did not believe the issue was important enough to be included.
(c) They believed the issue would prevent the states from forming a country.
(d) They forgot about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Adams see as the paradox facing the new republic?
2. What documents are available today that relate the exact words spoken by each of the dinner attendees?
3. What famous American endorsed this petition?
4. Who held in his possession the secret minutes of the Constitutional Convention?
5. Which state, at the time of the debate, had the largest free-black population?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)