|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office did John Adams have in George Washington's Presidency?
(a) Ambassador to Germany.
(b) Secretary of Agriculture.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Secretary of State.
2. Who was John Adams' closest friend and confidante?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) His wife, Abigail.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
3. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) London, England.
(c) Braintree, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
4. What is the Code Duello?
(a) The newspaper that first reported the results of the duel.
(b) The name of the recognized law of honor regarding duels.
(c) The name given to the bullet that killed Hamilton.
(d) The name Burr gave his gun.
5. How many new slaves were in the USA between the time of the Declaration of Independence and the census of 1790?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many votes did the House take before placing Jefferson in office?
2. When George Washington wrote to the Cherokee Nation, what did he recommend that they do?
3. Who was Hamilton's second in the duel?
4. What was the nickname given to John Adams in the Constitutional Congress?
5. Who was Catiline?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)