|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the House's vote on referring the petition to a committee?
(b) 43 - 11.
2. What medical problem had Jefferson experienced for over a month before the dinner?
(b) Stiff neck.
(c) Broken leg.
(d) Migraine headache.
3. How many votes did the House take before placing Jefferson in office?
4. How many new slaves were in the USA between the time of the Declaration of Independence and the census of 1790?
5. What contingent did Madison represent in this issue?
(a) The pro-life movement.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) The Southern States.
(d) The Republican majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two recognized methods to tell the story of the American formative years?
2. What heritages were represented in the Seal of the United States designed by Adams, Franklin and Jefferson?
3. What was the federal budget of 1790?
4. Who urged General Washington to free all the slaves at the end of the Revolutionary War?
5. What marked the change in Jefferson's attitude towards George Washington?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)