|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state did Madison believe would suffer the most injustice under assumption?
(a) New York.
(b) Rhode Island.
2. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
(a) With the approval of the British rules.
(b) Suddenly rather than gradually.
(c) Gradually rather than suddenly.
(d) Over a period of 200 years.
3. Why was there a dispute about who won the 1800 Presidential Election?
(a) George Washington decided at the last minute to make a bid for re-election.
(b) Both candidates earned the same number of votes in the electoral college, but no one was specifically mentioned as the Presidential candidate.
(c) There were too many candidates to declare a majority.
(d) There was considerable voting fraud and a recount was ordered.
4. What does the author compare this "Compromise of 1790" to?
(a) The Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Missouri Compromise and the Compromise of 1850.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Marshall Plan.
5. In what state did the duel occur?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the subject of Hamilton's financial proposal, what was the main issue?
2. What country is the oldest enduring republic in world history?
3. When did Washington write his Farewell Address?
4. Where was Alexander Hamilton born?
5. What was the primary form of communication in America during 1787-89?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)