|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other presidents have served as long as Washington did as the head of our nation?
(a) Three - Bush, Roosevelt and Wilson.
(b) Two - Franklin and Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) One- Franklin Roosevelt.
2. What heritages were represented in the Seal of the United States designed by Adams, Franklin and Jefferson?
(a) Italian, English, Haitian and Filipino.
(b) English, Scottish, Irish, French, German and Dutch.
(c) English, German, and Dutch.
(d) English only.
3. Which two Representatives reacted first to this petition?
(a) James Jackson and William Loughton Smith.
(b) Ben Franklin and James Madison.
(c) Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr.
(d) Raymond Burr and Michael Jackson.
4. What did George Washington do to quell the Whiskey Rebellion?
(a) He wrote a letter to the Philadelphia newspaper.
(b) He sent the militia to Pennsylvania.
(c) He paid the ransom.
(d) He sent Thomas Jefferson to negotiate.
5. Who was Catiline?
(a) A large ship commissioned by Washington to be used to sail along the coast of the colonies and recruit soldiers.
(b) A romantic character in a popular novel, whose life was destroyed by a duel.
(c) A treachorous and degenerate character whose scheming nearly destroyed the Roman Republic.
(d) A woman whose rhetoric and feiry speeches nearly destroyed the American Republic's economic system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the change in Jefferson's attitude towards George Washington?
2. Who were some of Hamilton's better known political enemies?
3. Why did the framers of the Constitution avoid the issue of slavery?
4. What contingent did Madison represent in this issue?
5. Even though Jay's Treaty was not popular, what was the main reason it passed into acceptance?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)