|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did America look to for guidance on how to create their new republic?
(d) None - the American revolution was the first.
2. What was the name of the report Hamilton wrote that started the need for this compromise?
(a) The Pickwick Papers.
(b) CNN White Paper on Finances.
(c) The New Republic.
(d) Report on the Public Credit.
3. What are the two recognized methods to tell the story of the American formative years?
(a) Pure Republicanism and the Jeffersonian interpretations.
(b) Tories and Whigs.
(c) Communisim and Democracy.
(d) Washington and Adams.
4. Before this important dinner took place, from what country had Jefferson just returned?
5. How many people lived in the United States of America at its beginning?
(a) Four Million.
(b) Five Hundred Thousand.
(d) Two Hundred MIllion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positions had Alexander Hamilton held in the US government?
2. What did John Adams see as the paradox facing the new republic?
3. Who was Hamilton's second in the duel?
4. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
5. What issue was discussed by the Constitutional Congress but specifically excluded from the final documents?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)