|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many colonies were present at the birth of the new nation of the United States?
2. What was the total amount of debt the United States was facing in 1790?
(a) 77.1 million dollars.
(b) 355 million dollars.
(c) 25.3 million dollars.
(d) 4.5 thousand dollars.
3. According to the author, what action would have ended the move for American Independence?
(a) Spain's entry into the war on the side of America.
(b) The invention of the atomic bomb.
(c) British commanders prosecuting the war more vigorously.
(d) Better use of horses by either army.
4. Why did the duel take place in such an out of the way location?
(a) Dueling was illegal in the United States.
(b) Because it is a very noisy activity.
(c) To avoid accidental shooting of passersby.
(d) Because it was near a hospital.
5. When did Hamilton die?
(b) The next day, July 12, 1804.
(c) A year later, in a boating accident.
(d) Two weeks later, July 25, 1804.
Short Answer Questions
1. In its most simple terms, how did the Constitutional Convention formulate its documents?
2. What danger awaited the main participants in the American Revolution?
3. What, in the author's opinion, is the main mystery about the duel?
4. Who did Madison feel would be exploited and cheated as a result of Hamilton's plan?
5. In what state did the duel occur?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)