|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of the American Revolution, what was the most powerful military force in the world?
(b) British army and navy.
(c) Spanish Armada.
(d) Chinese Red Guard.
2. Before the duel, how many years did the two men, Hamilton and Burr, have animosity between them?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Two Years.
3. How many colonies were present at the birth of the new nation of the United States?
4. What medical problem had Jefferson experienced for over a month before the dinner?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Migraine headache.
(c) Stiff neck.
5. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
(a) Britain continuing to rule over North America.
(b) Hawaii ruling California.
(c) Madascar ruling Africa.
(d) Britian continuing to rule over India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue was discussed by the Constitutional Congress but specifically excluded from the final documents?
2. Who were some of Hamilton's better known political enemies?
3. What country did America look to for guidance on how to create their new republic?
4. What country is the oldest enduring republic in world history?
5. What rank in the military did Aaron Burr attain during the American Revolution?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)