|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positions had Alexander Hamilton held in the US government?
(a) Washington's Chief of Staff and Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Vice President and White House Presss Secretary.
(c) Secretaries of Education and Homeland Security.
(d) Vice President and Secretary of State.
2. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
(a) Britain continuing to rule over North America.
(b) Madascar ruling Africa.
(c) Hawaii ruling California.
(d) Britian continuing to rule over India.
3. What caliber were the dueling pistols?
(a) .54 caliber balls.
(b) .22 long rifle.
(c) .45 ACP.
(d) .38 special.
4. Who was considered to be the first President of the United States, almost unanimously by its people?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) John Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Ben Franklin.
5. What does the author think Jefferson offered Madison to get him to accept the new financial plan?
(a) Location of the new seat of government to the Potomac.
(b) Naming the new seat of government after George Washington.
(c) 100 acres in the new city.
(d) A guarantee of a senate seat in the next election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contingent did Madison represent in this issue?
2. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
3. Who were some of Hamilton's better known political enemies?
4. What was one of the core principals of the Articles of Confederation?
5. In what state did the duel occur?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)