|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hamilton's second in the duel?
2. What term has changed in meaning from an inferior being to one of respect and might in the world?
3. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
(a) With the approval of the British rules.
(b) Gradually rather than suddenly.
(c) Over a period of 200 years.
(d) Suddenly rather than gradually.
4. Where was Alexander Hamilton born?
(a) Island of Nevis, West Indies.
(b) Honolulu, Hawaii.
(c) Delhi, India.
(d) New Orleans, LA.
5. How did Hamilton propose to handle the debts of the thirteen states?
(a) Each state would apply for refinancing.
(b) No one would pay anything.
(c) The federal government would assume all debts.
(d) Each state would pay their debts separately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state did Madison believe would suffer the most injustice under assumption?
2. Before this important dinner took place, from what country had Jefferson just returned?
3. How many sites were being considered for the new permanent capital of the United States?
4. What was the name of Hamilton's new country house?
5. How far apart are the participants in a duel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)