|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of the American Revolution, what was the most powerful military force in the world?
(b) Chinese Red Guard.
(c) Spanish Armada.
(d) British army and navy.
2. What do some historians call the politics and events of the 1790s in America?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Age of Passion.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Ice Age.
3. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
(a) Gradually rather than suddenly.
(b) Suddenly rather than gradually.
(c) Over a period of 200 years.
(d) With the approval of the British rules.
4. Where was the Constitutional Convention held?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Cleveland, OH.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) New York City, NY.
5. At the time of the American Revolution, who else occupied North America besides the colonists?
(b) Illegal Aliens.
(c) Native Americans, also known as Indian tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two recognized methods to tell the story of the American formative years?
2. What did John Adams see as the paradox facing the new republic?
3. According to the author, what action would have ended the move for American Independence?
4. What country is the oldest enduring republic in world history?
5. What is considered to be the main asset the new republic possessed?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)