|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many residents of the new republic were slaves?
(a) Nearly 700,000.
(b) Three million.
2. What are the two recognized methods to tell the story of the American formative years?
(a) Tories and Whigs.
(b) Washington and Adams.
(c) Pure Republicanism and the Jeffersonian interpretations.
(d) Communisim and Democracy.
3. How did critics of the Constitution see that document?
(a) As a betrayal of the core concepts of the American Revolution.
(b) As a starting point for further amendments.
(c) As a poorly written document with considerable grammatical errors.
(d) As a shining beacon of the principals fought for in the Revolution.
4. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
(a) Madascar ruling Africa.
(b) Hawaii ruling California.
(c) Britian continuing to rule over India.
(d) Britain continuing to rule over North America.
5. What is considered to be the main asset the new republic possessed?
(a) British stocks and bonds.
(b) Gold mine in Pennsylvania.
(c) Good intentions.
(d) Vast continent of North America, with all its resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of government was initiated by the American Revolution?
2. What issue was discussed by the Constitutional Congress but specifically excluded from the final documents?
3. Where was the Constitutional Convention held?
4. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
5. According to the author, what action would have ended the move for American Independence?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)