|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what action would have ended the move for American Independence?
(a) Better use of horses by either army.
(b) Spain's entry into the war on the side of America.
(c) British commanders prosecuting the war more vigorously.
(d) The invention of the atomic bomb.
2. Where was the Constitutional Convention held?
(a) Cleveland, OH.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) New York City, NY.
3. How many delegates were at the Constitutional Convention?
(a) One hundred and three.
(b) Unknown, no specific records were kept.
(c) Thirteen, one for each colony.
4. At the time of the American Revolution, who else occupied North America besides the colonists?
(b) Illegal Aliens.
(c) Native Americans, also known as Indian tribes.
5. How did critics of the Constitution see that document?
(a) As a poorly written document with considerable grammatical errors.
(b) As a starting point for further amendments.
(c) As a betrayal of the core concepts of the American Revolution.
(d) As a shining beacon of the principals fought for in the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lived in the United States of America at its beginning?
2. What do some historians call the politics and events of the 1790s in America?
3. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
4. What does the author consider the years of 1787-1788 for America?
5. What form of government was initiated by the American Revolution?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)