|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Adams see as the paradox facing the new republic?
(a) The new title of the republic versus its goals.
(b) The needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few.
(c) Legislating for 20 or 30 states, when all of the known legislative history had been for just one state.
(d) Tories versus Whigs.
2. What did John Adams ask his wife to save for history?
(a) His favorite shoes.
(b) All of his letters.
(c) The outfit he wore when he was inaugurated.
(d) Photos of their children.
3. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
(a) Gradually rather than suddenly.
(b) With the approval of the British rules.
(c) Suddenly rather than gradually.
(d) Over a period of 200 years.
4. According to the author, what action would have ended the move for American Independence?
(a) Better use of horses by either army.
(b) Spain's entry into the war on the side of America.
(c) British commanders prosecuting the war more vigorously.
(d) The invention of the atomic bomb.
5. What country did America look to for guidance on how to create their new republic?
(b) None - the American revolution was the first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some historians call the politics and events of the 1790s in America?
2. How many residents of the new republic were slaves?
3. What was one of the core principals of the Articles of Confederation?
4. In its most simple terms, how did the Constitutional Convention formulate its documents?
5. What is considered to be the main asset the new republic possessed?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)