1. What did John Adams ask his wife to save for history?
(a) His favorite shoes.
(b) All of his letters.
(c) Photos of their children.
(d) The outfit he wore when he was inaugurated.
2. What was Thomas Paine referring to when he said an island could not rule a continent?
(a) Britian continuing to rule over India.
(b) Britain continuing to rule over North America.
(c) Madascar ruling Africa.
(d) Hawaii ruling California.
3. What form of government was initiated by the American Revolution?
(a) Marxist and socialist.
(c) Representative government based popular sovreignty and some form of market economy fueled by the energies of individual citizens.
(d) Feudal system governed by kings, queens and lords.
4. Who makes history?
5. What danger awaited the main participants in the American Revolution?
(b) Severe damage to their credit.
(c) Three years in prison.
(d) Substantial fines.
6. According to the author, how did the creation of a separate American nation occur?
(a) Suddenly rather than gradually.
(b) With the approval of the British rules.
(c) Over a period of 200 years.
(d) Gradually rather than suddenly.
This section contains 4,928 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)