|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a long wait, what goes off as a power draws the spaceship towards the space station in Chapter 15?
2. What cannot be governed easily in Chapter 16?
3. What does Pelorat recognize as Gaia in Chapter 13?
4. What did robots succeed in doing according to Dom in Chapter 17?
5. Who is horrified to find clothes are missing in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bliss.
2. Describe Pelorat and Bliss' relationship.
3. What concerns does Gendibal have about Trevize in Chapter 12?
4. Describe what SQ tells Trevize about Gaia and Sayshell.
5. What is the significance of the Day of Flight?
6. Describe the Five Sisters.
7. Describe Novi's interaction with Gendibal.
8. Describe Novi's role in Gendibal's mission.
9. Why is Pelorat concerned in Chapter 14?
10. Describe Novi's transformation in Chapter 19.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Foundation's Edge. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gendibal. What is his role in Foundation's Edge? What was Asimov trying to accomplish by creating Gendibal's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Asimov's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)