|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the creature who accepts vegetarian food in Chapter 17?
2. Who reacts gallantly to the figure that emerges from the tether in Chapter 17?
3. What does Gendibal plead with Trevize should support in Chapter 19?
4. What is Gaia governed by in Chapter 19?
5. What failed to expand minds according to the person who talks to Trevize in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Novi's role in Gendibal's mission.
2. Describe Novi's interaction with Gendibal.
3. Describe what SQ tells Trevize about Gaia and Sayshell.
4. Describe Gendibal's standoff with Branno.
5. Describe Dom.
6. What concerns does Gendibal have about Trevize in Chapter 12?
7. How does Trevize bring the spaceship closer to Gaia in Chapter 15?
8. What does Branno plan to do as the ship approaches Gaia in Chapter 16?
9. Why is Pelorat concerned in Chapter 14?
10. Describe the Five Sisters.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Foundation's Edge. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gendibal. What is his role in Foundation's Edge? What was Asimov trying to accomplish by creating Gendibal's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Trevize and Pelorat. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)