|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Trevize uses the star map, where does he discover that Gaia's dim star has been suppressed?
2. What cannot be governed easily in Chapter 16?
3. What skill do all the people on Gaia possess?
4. Who is the professor that Trevize gets a reference to in Chapter 13?
5. Who is the Mule in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gaia probably not exist outside of legend according to Thoobing?
2. Describe Novi's transformation in Chapter 19.
3. Describe what SQ tells Trevize about Gaia and Sayshell.
4. Why does Branno fail to stop Trevize in Chapter 18?
5. Describe the Five Sisters.
6. How does Novi take control of the mission in Chapter 19?
7. Describe what happens to the main characters at the end of the novel.
8. What is the significance of the Day of Flight?
9. How does Trevize try to prevent interference on his spaceship's course in Chapter 14?
10. Why is Pelorat concerned in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Foundation's Edge. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Foundation's Edge. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Gaia is a concept, philosophy and living organism in Foundations' Edge. Who is the head of Gaia? Who are its members? How is the philosophy of Gaia expressed and where? Describe.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)