|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the robots understand that made them leave the humans alone in Chapter 17?
2. In what must Gendibal and Novi remain until Trevize breaks it in Chapter 19?
3. Who is supposed to report on Trevize's activity for the Mayor in Chapter 12?
4. Who is the professor that Trevize gets a reference to in Chapter 13?
5. Who is contacted by Gendibal on Trantor in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gendibal's standoff with Branno.
2. Why does Gaia probably not exist outside of legend according to Thoobing?
3. What recognition does Compor desire in Chapter 12?
4. How does Trevize try to prevent interference on his spaceship's course in Chapter 14?
5. Describe Branno and Gendibal's resolutions in Chapter 20.
6. Describe Dom.
7. Describe Novi's interaction with Gendibal.
8. Describe Novi's role in Gendibal's mission.
9. How does Trevize bring the spaceship closer to Gaia in Chapter 15?
10. Why is radio noise important in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human origins are discussed at length in Foundations' Edge? How did humanity evolve according to Professor Pelorat? How has humanity colonized and expanded its territory in the novel? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Foundation's Edge. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Trevize and Branno are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Trevize had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Branno had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)