|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pelorat's interest in Earth stem from?
2. Whose behavior is violent and considered out of character in Chapter 10?
3. Who baits Gendibal with sarcasm as he undergoes trial in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Trevize try to convince Pelorat is not dangerous?
5. What backs the Mayor's decision to keep the capital on Terminus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenge does Delarmi present Gendibal in Chapter 8?
2. Describe Branno and Trevize's confrontation in Chapter 2.
3. Describe the spaceship travel in Chapter 11 and arrival.
4. Describe Gendibal.
5. How do Shandess and Gendibal differentiate the design and contributions of people to the Prime Radiant in Chapter 5?
6. How does Branno get Compor to do her bidding in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Delarmi's motivation at the trial in Chapter 10.
8. Why does Pelorat learn about the Earth?
9. Why does Gendibal think humanity is in danger in Chapter 10?
10. What kind of violence does Trevize face for his crime in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Asimov employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it and identify the technique which it embodies.
Essay Topic 3
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Foundation's Edge. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation? Describe.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)