|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one conclusion that Branno draws about a secret organization in Chapter 2?
2. What does Trevize compare the Mayor's decision to in Chapter 1?
3. Who blocks Gendibal's way and mocks his speech in Chapter 7?
4. Who is the Director of Security?
5. Where does a candidate exist in Chapter 6 for study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Pelorat sees as the spaceship flies in Chapter 4.
2. Describe why Trevize is arrested in Chapter 1.
3. Describe Branno and Trevize's confrontation in Chapter 2.
4. How does Trevize respond to Branno's accusations in Chapter 1?
5. How do Shandess and Gendibal differentiate the design and contributions of people to the Prime Radiant in Chapter 5?
6. Describe the spaceship travel in Chapter 11 and arrival.
7. Describe Quindor Shandess.
8. Describe the Far Star.
9. Describe the travel Trevize and Pelorat undergo to reach Sayshell Planet in Chapter 9.
10. How does Branno get Compor to do her bidding in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Foundation's Edge. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Foundation's Edge. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Trevize and Pelorat. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)