|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tired of waiting, what does Shandess summarize at the meeting at the Table in Chapter 7?
2. What does the woman want to do and learn in Chapter 8?
3. What is Trevize's rule that he regrets breaking in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the Director of Security?
5. What color is Seldon's original plan in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Hyper Plan and its fatal flaw.
2. How is Trevize proved guilty in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Pelorat learn about the Earth?
4. Describe Quindor Shandess.
5. Describe Delarmi's motivation at the trial in Chapter 10.
6. How does Trevize control the spaceship in Chapter 4?
7. How does Trevize ease Pelorat's concerns over flying in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Novi.
9. What are Shandess and Gendibal's concerns about the mission and the political appointment in Chapter 10?
10. What two conclusions does Branno derive in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Foundation's Edge. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Foundation's Edge is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery establishes connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic and kinesthetic. The author uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Trevize. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)