|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the First Speaker look forward to meeting in Chapter 5?
2. Who offers support in finding Earth in Chapter 3?
3. How do Speakers communicate?
4. What does the woman tell Gendibal that she wants to be in Chapter 8?
5. How old is the woman that Gendibal meets in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Branno get Compor to do her bidding in Chapter 3?
2. Describe Quindor Shandess.
3. What are Shandess and Gendibal's concerns about the mission and the political appointment in Chapter 10?
4. How does Trevize respond to Branno's accusations in Chapter 1?
5. What two conclusions does Branno derive in Chapter 2?
6. Describe why Trevize is arrested in Chapter 1.
7. Describe Gendibal.
8. Describe a Jump.
9. Describe the Far Star.
10. Why does Gendibal think humanity is in danger in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Technology is a recurring theme in Foundation's Edge. What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment and changes. How accurate are they? Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Intuition has particular significance in Foundation's Edge. What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Asimov ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Trevize and Branno and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Trevize and Pelorat. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)