|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Gendibal in Chapter 8?
2. What does Trevize vow to remember as he leaves in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the mode of the transportation that Trevize takes in Chapter 3?
4. What does Gendibal know exists and that humanity is in danger in Chapter 10?
5. What is distinctive about the hidden object in Compor's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Trevize tasked with doing?
2. Describe Novi as a witness in Gendibal's trial in Chapter 10.
3. What kind of violence does Trevize face for his crime in Chapter 1?
4. Describe what Pelorat sees as the spaceship flies in Chapter 4.
5. Describe the Hyper Plan and its fatal flaw.
6. How does Branno get Compor to do her bidding in Chapter 3?
7. Describe why Trevize is arrested in Chapter 1.
8. Describe the spaceship travel in Chapter 11 and arrival.
9. Describe Gendibal.
10. Describe Quindor Shandess.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Trevize grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Foundation's Edge. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Trevize. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)