|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelorat see that he finds amazing in Chapter 9?
(a) Milky Way.
(b) Space Balls.
(c) Gaian crystals.
(d) Trantorian Army.
2. What is a second conclusion that Branno draws about a secret organization in Chapter 2?
(a) Destroys any evidence about its existence.
(b) Controls anyone who challenges it.
(c) Eliminates anyone who publicizes it.
(d) Makes all members wear tattoos.
3. Who is the Director of Security?
(d) No one.
4. What is the golden rule of the Second Foundation?
(a) Do nothing unless you must and when you must act, hesitate.
(b) Counteract all moves with force and always brute force.
(c) Do not give your opponent an inch and always try to outwit them.
(d) Engage in mind games while lieutenants garner control.
5. Who does the First Speaker look forward to meeting in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pelorat index his library in Chapter 9?
2. What is another name for scholars in Chapter 7?
3. How do Speakers communicate?
4. Who is the First Speaker in Chapter 5?
5. What or whom is held hostage to ensure that Compor does what he is ordered to do in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Hyper Plan and its fatal flaw.
2. Why does Gendibal think humanity is in danger in Chapter 10?
3. How do Shandess and Gendibal differentiate the design and contributions of people to the Prime Radiant in Chapter 5?
4. What two conclusions does Branno derive in Chapter 2?
5. What is Trevize tasked with doing?
6. Why does Gendibal challenge people to undergo mental analysis in Chapter 8?
7. How does Trevize control the spaceship in Chapter 4?
8. Describe the Far Star.
9. How does Trevize ease Pelorat's concerns over flying in Chapter 4?
10. Describe Gendibal's interaction with Rufirant on the road.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)