|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast do Trevize and Pelorat travel in Chapter 9?
(a) Slower than sound.
(b) Slower than light.
(c) Faster than light.
(d) Faster than sound.
2. What does Pelorat see that he finds amazing in Chapter 9?
(a) Space Balls.
(b) Gaian crystals.
(c) Trantorian Army.
(d) Milky Way.
3. Who comes to see Gendibal in Chapter 8?
4. Who is the First Speaker in Chapter 5?
(a) Prime Radiant.
(b) Amiable Mule.
(c) Quintor Shandess.
(d) Stor Gendibal.
5. References to what have been purged from the library in Chapter 10?
6. What does the young woman's hairstyle remind Gendibal of in Chapter 8?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A queen.
(d) A whore.
7. Who baits Gendibal with sarcasm as he undergoes trial in Chapter 10?
8. What proves that Seldon's appearance was too synchronized with reality to be authentic in Chapter 2?
(a) Willingness to compromise all values.
(b) Confrontation with the enemy.
(c) Failure to foresee the Mule.
(d) Loaded accusations at Branno.
9. What does the Mayor order Trevize and his companion to leave aboard in Chapter 3?
(a) Whizzing satellite.
(b) Magnitude beam.
(c) Ocean vessel.
(d) Pocket cruiser.
10. What does the woman want to do and learn in Chapter 8?
(a) Be a speaker and argue.
(b) Be a singer and perform.
(c) Be a servant and read.
(d) Be a priest and write.
11. What do most legends and historians dismiss in Chapter 3?
(a) Millennia Concerns.
(b) Timeless Question.
(c) Origin Question.
(d) Apocalyse Concerns.
12. Who blocks Gendibal's way and mocks his speech in Chapter 7?
(b) Karoll Rufirant.
(c) Shandess Quindor.
(d) First Speaker.
13. What does the woman tell Gendibal that she wants to be in Chapter 8?
(b) Farm clod.
(c) Earth lump.
14. What is Gendibal about to do to stop his assailant in Chapter 7 when a woman approaches him?
(a) Beat him to a pulp.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Control his mind.
(d) Become invisible.
15. Who is recorded saying he/she believes in the Seldon Plan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tired of waiting, what does Shandess summarize at the meeting at the Table in Chapter 7?
2. How old is the young Speaker when he goes to the interview for the position of First Speaker?
3. Who turns out to be more dangerous than the Mule in Chapter 5?
4. What does Trevize's travel demonstrate the power of according to Gendibal in Chapter 10?
5. What is the Seldon Plan based on that makes it worthless?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)