|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the only library that Pelorat has not studied in Chapter 6?
2. What is Trevize amazed to discover in Chapter 9?
(a) No error in the jump.
(b) Lies by the computer.
(c) Voice recognition by the laptop.
(d) Intuition by a robot.
3. Who challenges Shandess' delay at the meeting at the Table in Chapter 7?
(a) Young Speaker.
(b) Karoll Rufirant.
(c) Delora Delarmi.
(d) First Speaker.
4. Who is the First Speaker in Chapter 5?
(a) Amiable Mule.
(b) Stor Gendibal.
(c) Prime Radiant.
(d) Quintor Shandess.
5. What proves that Seldon's appearance was too synchronized with reality to be authentic in Chapter 2?
(a) Loaded accusations at Branno.
(b) Failure to foresee the Mule.
(c) Confrontation with the enemy.
(d) Willingness to compromise all values.
6. What is Gendibal about to do to stop his assailant in Chapter 7 when a woman approaches him?
(a) Become invisible.
(b) Beat him to a pulp.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Control his mind.
7. Who is a loner at the Table in Chapter 7?
8. What does Trevize compare the Mayor's decision to in Chapter 1?
(a) Thought control.
(d) Sound waves.
9. What do scholars unwittingly become for the Second Foundation?
10. Where is the library mentioned in Chapter 3?
(b) Far Star.
11. Tired of waiting, what does Shandess summarize at the meeting at the Table in Chapter 7?
(a) Rufirant's ploy.
(b) Gendibal's mathematics.
(c) Pelorat's scholarly findings.
(d) Trevize's intuition.
12. What has Trantor been reduced to due to barbarians 250 years ago?
13. Who confronts Compor, ordering him to follow others in Chapter 3?
14. What is Trevize's rule that he regrets breaking in Chapter 1?
(a) Manipulate others.
(b) Act dumb.
(c) Trust nobody.
(d) Lie always.
15. Why does Pelorat index his library in Chapter 9?
(a) To overcome jet-lag.
(b) To stay organized in a calamity.
(c) To catalog his recent findings.
(d) To distract himself from fear of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevize do with the computer to request a 2-minute delay in Chapter 9?
2. Where does a candidate exist in Chapter 6 for study?
3. What does Gendibal know exists and that humanity is in danger in Chapter 10?
4. What is the name of the stocky woman who approaches Gendibal in Chapter 7?
5. What attempts to control the mind of the witness in Chapter 10?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)