|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Compor known for duplicating in Chapter 3?
(a) Intuition games.
(c) Hyperspace jumps.
(d) Whizzing stumps.
2. What attempts to control the mind of the witness in Chapter 10?
3. References to what have been purged from the library in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Pelorat index his library in Chapter 9?
(a) To stay organized in a calamity.
(b) To distract himself from fear of death.
(c) To catalog his recent findings.
(d) To overcome jet-lag.
5. At what age does the young Speaker want to be First Speaker?
6. Who is skipping a visit to the library to seek legendary Earth according to Shandess in Chapter 8?
7. What does Trevize do with the computer to request a 2-minute delay in Chapter 9?
(a) Mental contact.
(b) Program it.
(c) Freeze time.
(d) Change it.
8. What was once the center of the Galactic Empire?
9. Who has almost identical words to Seldon in Chapter 2?
10. With whom does Trevize find he shares complimentary talents in Chapter 3?
11. In Chapter 2, what does Branno know about the prisoner's statement?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is true.
(c) It is exaggerated.
(d) It is false.
12. Who turns out to be more dangerous than the Mule in Chapter 5?
13. What is a second conclusion that Branno draws about a secret organization in Chapter 2?
(a) Eliminates anyone who publicizes it.
(b) Controls anyone who challenges it.
(c) Destroys any evidence about its existence.
(d) Makes all members wear tattoos.
14. What did the young Speaker learn at an early age?
(b) Herbal training.
(c) Martial arts.
15. What demands that the Earth rotate 22-26 GS hours according to Pelorat in Chapter 6?
(c) Social inertia.
(d) Sayshell Sector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sleeps poorly at night worried about exile in Chapter 3?
2. What is one conclusion that Branno draws about a secret organization in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Pelorat's interest in Earth stem from?
4. Who challenges Shandess' delay at the meeting at the Table in Chapter 7?
5. What do the First and Young Speakers study together in Chapter 5?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)