|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponyets wear when he visits Gorov in his cell?
2. What does Ponyet want in return for all his trouble on Askone?
3. What does Hardin have secretly installed on the battle ship?
4. What does Hardin tell Wienis will happen on Anacreon at midnight?
5. Why is Ponyets chosen to rescue Gorov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gorov think will be his best chance for being released from prison on Askone?
2. What does Hardin learn from a visit from the high priest, Poly Verisof?
3. How does Pherl factor into Ponyet's plan to get Askone under the Foundation's control?
4. What does Wienis inform Leopold he plans to do about the Foundation?
5. Why does Sermak want Hardin to step down as leader of Terminus?
6. How does Ponyets plan to get Gorov out of prison?
7. How does Ponyets get the Grand Master of Askone to accept a nuclear device?
8. Why can't Ponyets tell Gorm which trader is being imprisoned on Askone?
9. How does Ponyets gain access to seeing Gorov in prison?
10. How does the priest Theo Aporat gain power of the Anacreon ship on its way to destroy Terminus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Foundation a preeminent work of science fiction with lasting impact?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the allegorical implications of Foundation, both to the past and in the present.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Salvor Hardin in the novel and compare him to the other main characters of Seldon, Ponyets and Mallow. What did each man have in common? What were their striking differences?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)