|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee give to Hardin during his meeting with Sermak?
2. The Grand Master has heard that the Foundation is what?
3. What insulting word does Wienis use in his conversation with Leopold?
4. Ponyets refers to the Grand Master of Askone as what?
5. What does Sermak consider Hardin's trip to Anacreon to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hardin plan to use the upcoming 80th anniversary of the Foundation to his advantage?
2. What does Hardin learn from a visit from the high priest, Poly Verisof?
3. How does the priest Theo Aporat gain power of the Anacreon ship on its way to destroy Terminus?
4. What are Hardin and Lee's differing views on how to handle his trip to Anacreon for the coronation of Leopold?
5. How does Ponyets plan to get Gorov out of prison?
6. What deal does Ponyets finally have to make with the Grand Master to get him to buy the gold?
7. What does Leopold plan to do about his Uncle Wienis?
8. How does Ponyets gain access to seeing Gorov in prison?
9. Why does Sermak want Hardin to step down as leader of Terminus?
10. What is the fable that Hardin tells Wienis, and what is the meaning behind the fable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the connection between consumerism and individuality as seen in the emergence of the merchant princes?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Seldon Crisis? How are they solved? What are the thematic purposes of the crisis in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political evolution from psychohistorians to merchant princes. What are the implications and consequences of a politicized society?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)