|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grand Master of Askone compares traders to what?
2. The Grand Master is surprised that Ponyets is what?
3. What is the Grand Master wearing?
4. The period that follows the First Empire is called the _________ Era.
5. What is the name of the ship that is sent to attack Terminus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pherl factor into Ponyet's plan to get Askone under the Foundation's control?
2. How does Ponyets gain access to seeing Gorov in prison?
3. Why can't Ponyets tell Gorm which trader is being imprisoned on Askone?
4. What was Ponyets really after on Askone?
5. What is the religion on Askone?
6. How did Hardin save Terminus from being taken over by planets like Anacreon?
7. How does Hardin thwart Wienis' plan to attack Terminus?
8. What does Wienis inform Leopold he plans to do about the Foundation?
9. Why does Lewis Bort think the rebel cause could be lost?
10. What does Gorov think will be his best chance for being released from prison on Askone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the novel in terms of narrative flow, plot lines, character development and climactic action.
Essay Topic 2
How was Hober Mallow the intellectual action hero of the novel? Compare him to other literary heroes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political evolution from psychohistorians to merchant princes. What are the implications and consequences of a politicized society?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)